Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Accepting/ Declining offers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey, if anyone could give me advice here id really appreciate it!
Basically Ive got 4 offers from the uni that I want to go to, all degrees based around biology. Problem is, 3 of them are asking them for a B in biology, and the fourth one is asking for a C. The fourth one isn't my ideal choice, plus its a four year course rather than a three year one.

SOOOO...do I pick one of the grade B choices, hope that I get the grades, and have the C grade choice as back up? Or just pick 2 of the B grade ones which Id prefer? I don't want to be in the situation on August where Ive got a C in biology, and cant get into any course!

Sorry if it was a bit long!
:rolleyes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pick the b one u want to go on the most and the c one 4 backup. worst comes to the worst there is always clearing. im sure u can get ur b if u work hard enuf- the fact u dont especially want to do the c course should be an incentive to work harder at ur revision. :yes:
    Well, I would say pick two of the Bs, but then what's the point in doing that because if you get a B then you would definitely be in your first choice rather than your second. So there's no point in picking two of the Bs. But there doesn't sound like much point in putting the C one down either because it sounds like you don't like it.

So I'd probably just put whichever you like most on the list.
    I'd go with the 2 you like the most, there is no point being on a 4 year course that you don’t want to be on and as someone already mentioned, if you put the B's down then it'll be an incentive to do well. :)
    I'm at Durham doing biology.

Personally I'd choose your first choice as first choice (obvious).

Then, even assuming they all require the same points/grades another of the higher grade courses you'd want to do as second choice.

I know a fair few people who didn't make the grades their offer asked for and were still admitted onto the course. One of the institutions might be more likely to drop their grade offer than the other. If not, there are plenty of good institutions happy to take people through clearing.

Good luck with your exams.