Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Living your life

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Are you proud of what you've achieved with your life? Are there things that you wish you'd done differently, or things that you're glad you did?

Answering my own question first, I'm not proud of my past record. Things I would have done differently include my choices of subjects at college. I'd also have applied for university when I had the chance years ago, I probably wouldn't be in the situation I am now if I had done. I'd also like to have got a job when I was in my teenage years, that might have made things easier for me now. The thing I'm proud of is my GCSE results, which were better than I expected. What about the rest of you?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im proud of what ive achieved, but im not proud of how i did it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have a few skeletons in my closet... Actually, I am proud of some things (like managing to get in the university I wanted), but I believe I could have done them better...
    And there are the things I wish I hadn't done, but if I hadn't I might have been a completely different person today. Even one that I'd hate in my current mindset...
  • Options
    Nope.

Lots of changes.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    No, but I'm proud of the fact that I'm too damn lazy to do anything about it :thumb:
  • Options
    quite frankly i'm amazed that i made it to this age, not to mention that i also have a degree, a job i enjoy and a live in boyfriend.

might not seem like a great deal, but if you'd have told me at 18 that i'd be here now, i'd have laughed in your face.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    might not seem like a great deal, but if you'd have told me at 18 that i'd be here now, i'd have laughed in your face.
    No, I understand that entirely. I didn't honestly expect I'd still be here now. Still, I think you're testimony to the fact things can change. :)
  • Options
    I'm too young to be proud of achievements, but so far I think I've done bloody good all in all.

I stayed alive, I got a degree after it being touch-and-go for a very long time, I found someone daft enough to fancy me, and I have a rather nice flat now.
  • Options
    the only major thing in my life i've achieved is still being alive and i'm proud of that, no point being negative all the time, whatever happens in life i'll look back and laugh at it and feel proud unless i do something seriously fucked up.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    the only major thing in my life i've achieved is still being alive and i'm proud of that, no point being negative all the time, whatever happens in life i'll look back and laugh at it and feel proud unless i do something seriously fucked up.

Yeah, what he said :yes:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    the only major thing in my life i've achieved is still being alive and i'm proud of that, no point being negative all the time...
    That's a lesson I've learnt only recently. I'm particularly interested to hear what posters like Moroccan Roll would have to say on this topic, but he doesn't seem to have been around this evening.
  • Options
    i have a full cabinet of food in my house courtesy of parents, i also got an indian bought by housemates boyfriend cause he owed us

hey life is good
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm too young to be proud of achievements, but so far I think I've done bloody good all in all.
    Maybe I didn't communciate myself properly at the start of this thread. What I mean is whether you are happy of what you've accomplished so far in life and whether you have any regrets. But I would agree. From what I've know, you've done good.
  • Options
    After almost completely messing up my GCSE's and my chance to go to college I've finally managed to pull myself together and sort myself out. If anyone had told me at 16 that I'd be happy and be doing well at college I'd have punched them for lying.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Maybe I didn't communciate myself properly at the start of this thread. What I mean is whether you are happy of what you've accomplished so far in life and whether you have any regrets. But I would agree. From what I've know, you've done good.

GWST => All the rest (from what ive heard)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    From what I've know, you've done good.

I think I'm starting to agree too.

The wonders of psychotherapy. After just the two and a half years of it, I now feel fit to face the big bad world.

Rawr.
  • Options
    Ivfe fucked up my life so far - managed GCSE;s and since then been a proper fuck up. Will sort shit out tho, know im not gonna spend my life being crap - just need to work out the amazing thing im going to do thats going to make me my millions...
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    GWST => All the rest (from what ive heard)
    Only equals to or greater than?

After the state I was in way back then, it was a bllody miracle :lol:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Only equals to or greater than? After the state I was in way back then, it was a bloody miracle :lol:
    That's why I love this site - there are so many different kinds of people here. As for GWST, you two are so lucky to have each other. :)
    ~playboy~ wrote:
    I've fucked up my life so far - managed GCSEs and since then been a proper fuck up. Will sort shit out tho, know im not gonna spend my life being crap - just need to work out the amazing thing im going to do thats going to make my millions...
    Take your time, no big rush.
  • Options
    i was on about bowling, but nevermind

anyone fancy the northern based thesite.org bowling challenge
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i was on about bowling, but nevermind

Only if I win.

Which I will;)
  • Options
    you be on :P
  • Options
    I'm proud of who I am now and how I got here.

I've fucked up along the way but hey, its whats happening today that counts.
  • Options
    proud of who i am, damnnnnnnnnnn straight.

fucked up a lot tho, like dropping out of uni after i'd had enough of uni life. did the whole getting wrecked and being a stoodent thing. now a working man and appriciating the value of money. no more student loans for moi
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

i will kick all the asses.

if my fingers still work :/
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
  • Options
    im proud that i got through school with decent grades and can now look back on it and not feel upset

also glad i didnt do what everyone else wanted me to and chose my own way and am doing darn good for it too

proud of my friends and family also :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Im really really proud of how far ive come. Both me and my husband. After a fucked up few years that could have easily been our life forever, we pulled ourselves together, got jobs, Got married, bought a house, had a baby, now ive just started university!!
    If youd known me then and then knew me now I think youd be proud of me too. Sorry if that sounds crap but honestly, you have no idea.
  • Options
    It doesn't sound crap, it's trite to say it but it's always the most basic things that are the most important.

I think I have to agree with James too, I'm not proud of everything I've done (I've been a bit of a twat in my time:p) but if I hadn't done it like that I wouldn't be where I am now, and I wouldn't be so certain that what I'm doing is the right choice.