Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm reading this book at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone else had read it? Having just read the bit this morning about Da Vinci's "The Last Supper" I figured I'd take a look at it and see if it was just for the story...about the person on Jesus' right (as in, if you were him, they'd be on your right..)...and it was like..woah! Ha.

But it is such a cool book :D...I was lying in bed this morning reading it thinking "one more chapter and I'll get up" and after every chapter I kept repeating it...it took me 2 hours before I stopped oops!

Franki
x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I really enjoyed this book too, it is very hard to put down! Dan Brown has been critiscised a lot though, particularly by the authors of "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail", who believe Brown didn't give them enough credit in his book. Its also not always very clear in the Da Vinci Code what is fact and what is fiction, however, there are quite a few guides (something like 16 or so!) which you can buy that distinguish between the two.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed this book too, it is very hard to put down! Dan Brown has been critiscised a lot though, particularly by the authors of "The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail", who believe Brown didn't give them enough credit in his book. Its also not always very clear in the Da Vinci Code what is fact and what is fiction, however, there are quite a few guides (something like 16 or so!) which you can buy that distinguish between the two.
    Yeh, I was trying to figure out which bits are true and which bits aren't! I just CAN'T! AARRGH!
  • Options
    Almost all of it is total bollocks. It's a good book though
  • Options
    Yeh, I was trying to figure out which bits are true and which bits aren't! I just CAN'T! AARRGH!
    There is such a thing as to 'The Guide to The Da Vinci Code' or something like that. It debunks the myths and confirms the facts. You should find it in bigger bookshops.

There is also a Da Vinci Code London Guide apparently, giving information about the Templar Church, the Galileo (or is it Newton) statue in Westminster Abbey and other places featured in the book.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    There is such a thing as to 'The Guide to The Da Vinci Code' or something like that. It debunks the myths and confirms the facts. You should find it in bigger bookshops.

There is also a Da Vinci Code London Guide apparently, giving information about the Templar Church, the Galileo (or is it Newton) statue in Westminster Abbey and other places featured in the book.

I'll be looking for them then :)
  • Options
    I bought it 6pm one evening and by 3am I'd read the whole thing. I just couldn't put it down, almost literally.

Despite being innacurate it is still brilliant reading.

The plot twist nearer the end is wonderful, I genuinely did not see it coming.
  • Options
    I'm reading 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown now, thats gripping too. It's got the character Robert Langdon in it again and is good so far :)
  • Options
    it was very very good, just finishing digital fortress now, gonna have a go at angels and demons next. i heard most of davinci code is based on fact...maybe not...
  • Options
    I'm reading 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown now, thats gripping too. It's got the character Robert Langdon in it again and is good so far :)

I'm reading Deception Point now. Angels & Demons is the one before The DaVinci Code. :)

http://www.danbrown.com/secrets/davinci_code/gallery.html

His website has some great photos of all the places mentioned in the book too.
  • Options
    i have to say i prefere Angels and Demons over The Da Vinci Code although it is still a good read and i'm currently reading Digital Fortress
  • Options
    I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code. One of the few books inspiring enough for me to sustain interest all the way through.
  • Options
    They're making The Da Vinci Code movie for next year! Cant wait for that :D
    I havent read it yet as my 10 year old sister has it at the moment, but am going to after.

Holy blood, holy grail is equally interesting though, that is, if you're interested in freemasonry / illuminati and so on...

Oh and the freemason church in London (the building with the huge clock at the top with no numbers)- amazing inside ;)

http://www.ruggedelegantliving.com/a/003425.html <-- movie