Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Closer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I went to see 'Closer' last night and wondered if anyone else has seen it and what they thought of it? I know its all about human frailties and the nature of desire etc and it does have a strong cast, I just thought the ending was a bit of a let down. Maybe the play is better :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I loved it, thought it was great, just spoke truly about the nature of people not treating others like people. I quite liked the ending though.
  • Options
    Guess I was a bit confused as to why she used a false name for 4years etc but the film was a refreshing change from the usual 'love stories'.
  • Options
    I don't know, I just thought that was a extra dimension to the way that all these relationships were founded on a lie.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Not seen it yet but definitely looking forward to it.
  • Options
    yeah thats true.

What do you do at L'boro uni? My cousins there, I might be going to the union on wed night but they are dressing up as mechanics i think so not too sure if I'm going to go now or not!
  • Options
    Hey Ewe at the Union. Go, you'll have a LOT of fun. I do engineering, and L'boro is amazing.
  • Options
    yeah i might go and not wear the overalls! Hardly fetching are they! I went out in L'boro a few months ago...think we went to Echo's (think that was the name?)
  • Options
    Yeah, Echo's. You could do something with overalls that would make it fetching...
  • Options
    yeah I could... hmmm I will have a think :chin:
  • Options
    Think about it, overalls half on, and a white vest top? We have a 2/3 girls to boy ratio, boys like ladies.
  • Options
    i thought it was really good - touched a couple of nerves!
    my only complaint about it is why oh why oh why do they insist on giving clive owen jobs? there were better, less stiff, actors way back in year 7 drama class
  • Options
    I thought he fitted really well actually.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yeah, Echo's.

:lol: I love that place go in on a friday night it doesn't get busy at all they let you wear trainers and play about anything you ask, well it's more enjoyable then pulse anyhoo.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it, Thought it was a really well made, thought provoking film.
  • Options
    Natalie Portman :hyper:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    :lol: I love that place go in on a friday night it doesn't get busy at all they let you wear trainers and play about anything you ask, well it's more enjoyable then pulse anyhoo.
    You're in lboro? I didn't know that.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You're in lboro? I didn't know that.

I live in a village in between Leicester and Loughborough :thumb:
    I used to really enjoy going out in Loughborough but recently it just seems to be lacking.