Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What do you drink?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering what everyone drinks when they got out on a night.

Normally ill have a pint of carlsberg but if bottles are cheap then ill have a bud or a corona

Comments

• Options
    Vodka and red bull/orange juice/coke.
    JD/Southern Comfort and coke.
    Malibu and coke.
    Alcopops.
    Tequila slammers.
    Sambuca.
    Corky's.
    Aftershock.
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    Just wondering what everyone drinks when they got out on a night.

Normally ill have a pint of carlsberg but if bottles are cheap then ill have a bud or a corona
    Corona?! For the sake of men all over the world you've gotta stop! You dont have it with a slice of lemon in the top too do you?
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    You dont have it with a slice of lemon in the top too do you?

Lime darling, get it right :p
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    Corona?! For the sake of men all over the world you've gotta stop! You dont have it with a slice of lemon in the top too do you?

Most people I know who drink that have a slice of lime, not lemon.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I vary, normally I stick to Carling but I'm known to drift onto ale and onto spirits.
  • Options
    I usually mix stuff if I'm on a night out with my pals.

On an average night out I'll drink a pint of Miller or something to start, the maybe a few Black Ice. Onto a club we go, then I'll probably start strawpedoing an alcopop or three, downing shots of Aftershock/Absinthe/whatevers on 3 for 2 offer, then later when we're pissed we mix stuff together in the same glass and drink that too.

Like a few ciggies when I'm on the drink too.

Or if I'm on a night out with someone who's pants I'm trying to get into, then I'll drink enough Smirnoff Ice to get pretty tipsy, then start ordering shit like Martini on the rocks or a brandy (even though I hate the taste) just so she can see how sophisticated I am.

And in response to the forthcoming self-righteous lecture about how binge drinkers are such a scourge on the morals of scoiety today - kiss my ass :thumb:
  • Options
    Hm, depends where I am really (and what's cheap!!) but usually a Bud, Heineken or Stella if I'm in the mood for a fight ;)

Also partial to the odd G&T :yum:
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:

Yes, i dont see whats wrong with it its a nice drink
  • Options
    I pretty much just drink me beers... and I have me shots.
    Dependin on me mood, I'll drink an alcopop.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If I'm drinking pint's it'll either be a dry cider usually or a Stella.
    I've found myself drinking alot of JD recently aswell. :D

I only ever really drink at my local. If I go out clubbing I usually stick to strict diet of Class A's. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I drink carlsburg, Fosters or XXXX WHEN i go out.
  • Options
    Either

Wine
    JD
    Vodka
    Bitter (Smooth Flow)
    Larger
    After Shock
  • Options
    vodka reef usually or chocolate mudshakes :)
  • Options
    Voddie and coke......thats a double whoever is buying :D
  • Options
    whiskey lager beer.
    but ...if it's got alcohol in it i can usualy be pusuaded to swallow a few ...but i cannot drink alco pops or cider.
    it pisses me off that i realy don't like cider cos ...have you seen how cheap it is!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It depends. If someone else is buying nice, expensive drinks I shall have midori and lemonade or peach schnapps and lemonade or, at a push, southern comfort and lemonade. If I am buying it is normally either vodka orange or vodka lemonade.

I have been known to drink beer or alcopops or other stuff but I normally stick with the spirits.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Lime darling, get it right :p
    When I was in new york thats all they served beer wise in clubs and stuff, I was sick of the stuff by the time I got back home. And I believe they serve it with lemon not lime, and that is where the stuff was invented so I guess that makes me right :p .
    I bet it tastes better with lime though.
    I quite like the odd guiness with a cherry on it, you are supposed to have a cherry with it, right?
  • Options
    Vodka, lemon and lime is the best! Beware though - takes away the taste of the alcohol so is easy to drink lots of them (which isn't necesssarily a bad thing!!!!) :thumb:
  • Options
    Its lemon that goes in a corona but most places seem to just stick whatever is available in. True it is from mexico
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    I quite like the odd guiness with a cherry on it, you are supposed to have a cherry with it, right?

:yeees:

Although half and half Guinness and Champagne is surprisingly delicious.

Corona is never good in my opinion, with lemon or lime. I just enjoy contradicting people, passes the time you know... :p :thumb:
  • Options
    Tend to stick to lagers - for preference Grolsch or Kronenburg - but will also roll onto Adnams Broadside if someone else is buyin ;)

For spirits, Dark Rum.. had some bad experiences with whisky... :blush:
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:

Not where I drink...

If I'm out for a quiet pint it'll be Guinness or ale (mainly IPA or some such as I'm Scotland) but if it's a club it'll be some kind of pisswater lager, but a lot of pretentious student type places will have decent lagers on tap.
  • Options
    If i'm drinking to get tipsy, bitter
    If i'm drinking to get slaughtered, lager and lots of it
    If i'm drinking to look like a hard bastard [:p], black velvet ;o
  • Options
    bacon wrote:
    dude seriously, it's lime.

and corona is labelled as from mexico, not new york.

u sure u don't mean diet coke? ;)
    I know its not from new york, but I meant the general area...give or take 400miles.
    look when ever I've had the stuff its been with lemon (the little yellow one) and its sucked, hard.
    And I dont drink diet coke, its for people who think their on a diet; they delude themselves into thinking its good for them, just buy a bottle of water it tastes a hell of alot better. Im not totally happy with the bottled water situation either I mean those french bastard are charging us 80p for stuff we get out of the tap, but I see it as the lesser of two evils.
  • Options
    apple and mango j20 oh yes they are so nice.

But if i'm having zee alcohol then it would be stuff with lemonade - malibu and lemonade, taboo and lemonade pimms and lemonde etc.
  • Options
    usually vodka cuz it doesn't give me hangovers. and it lacks in taste when you've drank too much and are spewing it out on somebodies lawn. but i'm not one to turn down alcohol so i'm really not picky.
  • Options
    Depends if i am going out with the intention to get lashed. If so, i'll mix everything i find, including whiskey, vodka, tequilla, brandy and beer. If not in pursuit of pissedness, i will probably go with some beer or a little vodka. Oh, and i hate eating lemon and salt with tequilla. I just prefer the pure taste.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :yeees:

Although half and half Guinness and Champagne is surprisingly delicious.

Corona is never good in my opinion, with lemon or lime. I just enjoy contradicting people, passes the time you know... :p :thumb:
    Yeah but generally lemon.
    The guiness and Champagne does sound quite nice if not expensive.
  • Options
    Omg its like guinness champagne and a touch of blackcurrant u nub omg ;o

:p
  • Options
    Cools owns all tbh, it's the best beer I've ever tased. Is it Kools? Not drunk it for about a month :(:(.