Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

psychics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
we have had ghosts.....now psychics. who believes?

Comments

• Options
    edit

ehem, well, I can't read so there :p
  • Options
    um. what?

yeah, i think that some people can have psychic abilities. not half as many as claim to though... and it takes a lot to impress me.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    hell yes,

well, I have to believe in physics to be doing a degree in it. :p

more to the point, who doesnt believe in physics..?
    whhhaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a degree in whodoovoodo bullshit!
  • Options
    oooh, for a minute there I thought someone was asking a silly question about a rational science, my bad, i cant read :blush:

psychics then.. no, don't believe in them either :no:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    um. what?

yeah, i think that some people can have psychic abilities. not half as many as claim to though... and it takes a lot to impress me.

Everybody has them to a degree...
  • Options
    Some people do. Others don't.
  • Options
    I had my tea leaves read once by a nice lady called Ann.

Unfortunately everything she told me was in reference to the future, so I may become a self-fulfilling prophecy with two marriages, four sons and a silver car :p
  • Options
    I believe I have the power, test at your will.
    first I'll need to know a few personal details before I contact the dead:
    Whats the names of all the people you know who have died and what did they do for a living, also what do they look like?
  • Options
    MoonRat wrote:
    Everybody has them to a degree...
    i agree with this ...kind of.
    psychic being the word that i'm uncomfortable with.
    from birth to death it is reckoned we only ever use a tenth of brain.
    meaning the other nine tenths ...most of it ...is completly alien to us.
    it is a land not travelled.
    whats it for?
    what can it do?
    certain substances seem to be able to get us into this uncharted terrain.
    cannabis being one of the more natural.
    in the brain we have cannabis receptors. not similar but designed soley for cannabis ...the receptor being like a lock ...the cannabis being the only key that fits that lock.
    but ...even when we just dip our toes into the this vast nine tenth area ...we don't realy know what to do when we get there ...or don't know how to navigate around it ...don't know how to operate it.
    it's there for a reason ...what does it do ...what is it capable of?
    have we forgotten how to use parts of it ...and others not yet learned?
  • Options
    Im a beleiver...........thats all im saying.
  • Options
    I believe, but i don't like to call it supernatural or unnatural. It's all completely natural, but we just don't notice it every day, so it's weird when we experience things.
  • Options
    Yes I like to believe.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I do believe there are some people who can predict the future more than your average person (as someone else said, we all can to some extent) but still I'm not sure. I really doubt you can find these people in 090 phones etc though, or at least extremely rarely.
  • Options
    it must happen to many of us ...i know it has happened to me many times over the years.
    you haven't seen someone for a long time ...you start to think about them and low and behold ...you bump into them or they turn up or phone ...coincidence ...maybe but it has happened many times to me.
    dreaming of someone and then discovering something eventful has happened to them.

which has just made me think of someone who zalbor mentioned to me this evening ...oh 'eck!
  • Options
    it must happen to many of us ...i know it has happened to me many times over the years.
    you haven't seen someone for a long time ...you start to think about them and low and behold ...you bump into them or they turn up or phone ...coincidence ...maybe but it has happened many times to me.
    dreaming of someone and then discovering something eventful has happened to them.
    Happens to everyone. But you never remember when you think about someone and don't bump into them. Just a thought.

Or maybe when you think about someone, you're more likely to go to places that you associate with them, and thus are more likely to bump into them.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Happens to everyone. But you never remember when you think about someone and don't bump into them. Just a thought.

Or maybe when you think about someone, you're more likely to go to places that you associate with them, and thus are more likely to bump into them.
    there are indeed many maybes to this as no one seems to be able to devise a way of measuring ...what is may be unmeasurable as it is to do with the nine tenths of the brain we know sod all about!
    the most amazing and even miraculous thing...as some scientists refer to it ...in the known universe ...is the human brain/mind.
    imagine ...we invent the mobile phone ...we devise the internet ...i can be inteligently in touch instantly with anyone and everyone any where in the world.
    but ...these things are mere mechanical inventions ...they were invented by something far greater ...much more powerful and capable ...the human mind.
    so if our toys can be so incredible ...how much more so the minds that create these things?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was able to predict the exact date my nephew would be born... But if you had to call that something, "incredible coincidence" would be a better title than "psychic abilities". Though I don't really believe in coincidence...
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It's quite possible we are slowly evolving extra sensorary perceptions, .
    the evidence seems to be that we are devolving into morons if you take a look at materialism and how huge it is along with celeb worship and glittry things mate!
    i don't think for a moment there is an old buried telephone network that can enable me to be in touch with anyone through a brain/mind connection to it.
    i do believe we may have lost more than we have gained.
    people who still live close to the earth ...seem to know ...when an animal is approaching and even what kind of animal ...they are simply using senses that we are no longer in touch with. meaning ...they are probably using parts of the brain we no longer visit. these people can often divine where water is to be found ...what senses are these people using that you and i don't understand?
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    I believe I have the power, test at your will.
    first I'll need to know a few personal details before I contact the dead:
    Whats the names of all the people you know who have died and what did they do for a living, also what do they look like?

Now the question is, are you being serious about this, and if you are, why do you need so many details to start off with?
  • Options
    Now the question is, are you being serious about this, and if you are, why do you need so many details to start off with?
    TWEETY! ...ya great puddin'.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    *looks around innocently*

Besides, and as much as I hate to admit it, they do keep people interested in buying the latest fashions, this stuff provides so many jobs for people we would be hard place to find other ways to keep people in work. .
    bit of a catch 22 situation for me. i see what your saying makes sense but ...the scale we do things on nowadays and with such mesmerising and misleading power ...is like nothing before it realy.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Annoyingly I was practicaly handed on a plate (in a dream) a logicaly working design for a modern space propulsion. Unfortunately I woke up and forgot how it worked, but it seemed to makes sense at the time.
    Oh well, maybe it will come to me again in the future.
    that has happened to me so many times whilst under the influences.
    one time ...i had designed and invented something incredible and realy simple.
    i jumped up and said out loud to the people there ...wow ...i've just invented ...i just invented ...err ...i just invented something incredible but it's gone ...
  • Options

Na its basically what every psychic Ive ever heard tries to squeeze out of their victim before they give them a reading, most of them a fraudsters.
    However I think Ive had the same as most people, da va voo and stuff.
    Im pretty good at guess what someones thinking when it comes to cards and numbers and stuff, I get more right than wrong.
    so there might be something in it.
  • Options
    Jinx wrote:
    I get more right than wrong.
    i seem to be like that with tossing a coin ...whoever tosses it.
    i went through a phase in the 70's and 80's where every time i had to part with money in an asian or chinese shop ...builders yard etc ...i'd persuaebde them into the toss of a coin ...double or quits ...if i loose the toss i pay double.
    if i win the toss ...i pay nowt.
    friends and family will no longer toss the coin with me.
  • Options
    Some psychic said in my past life I died a horrible death. She was part of the family so I do believe that, makes much sense of how messed up I am.
  • Options
    I do believe in ghosts as I've had previous experiences. :nervous:

Don't know about the rest of that bollocks though. :chin:
  • Options
    Twelve days old - don't think that makes this a dead thread. Anyway, I've suspected for several years that the house I live in has a ghost in it.
  • Options
    Maybe it does. My old house was haunted.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    oooh, for a minute there I thought someone was asking a silly question about a rational science, my bad, i cant read :blush:

psychics then.. no, don't believe in them either :no:

i guess i cant read either, cuz thats what i thought too! :blush:
  • Options
    this thread is now old ...but still theres activity ...does this mean ...