Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Do anything special 4 Valentine's?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I am doing some research into what Valentine's Day means for 11-19 year-olds. Please let me know via this post abnd PM me if you are doing anything remotely juicy or interesting. £10 gift voucher from me for the best and most suitable response!

So come on, get cracking guys!

Mazza xx (Mariam)

Comments

• Options
    i need some ideas....help me out too.
  • Options
    I don't see valentines as such a big thing, romantic gestures are more romantic in my eyes when they are unplanned and unpredicted. So me and my boyfriend said we were going to do something fun and a bit different on valentines day and go to the snowdome to have fun and frollocks in the snow with ski's and stuff :D

But i think valentines day is a monday so it would have to be the weekend beforehand. Failing that a nice meal, nice bath and what have ya :thumb:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Another day, a load of commerical shite. (Obviously because I am single, if I wasn't I'd be all OMFG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, HERES £500 OF BULLSHIT GIFTS YOU'RE GONNA THROW AWAY!!!)
  • Options
    I'll take the £500
  • Options
    V.day is on a Monday this year, so shall be celebrating on the weekend before. No idea what to do whatsoever. Am planning a nice gift and maybe cooking a meal or going out somewhere.

Not very original, but hey!
  • Options
    i'll be wallowing and reflecting on my life of singleness.
  • Options
    I'm visiting my boyfriend that weekend so we will have to arrange something :D

Hmm...what do you buy guys for valentines day?

Im torn whether to get my boyfriend a new bracelet for V.day or for his Bday.

But if I dont get that....no idea....
  • Options
    One year we nursed a suicidal relative back to health.

That was fun.
  • Options
    I hate valentines day. Just makes single people feel unloved :( So this year me and my friend are going to have a romantic meal together, get really pissed and laugh and all the silly couples around us wasting money :D
  • Options
    ~playboy~ wrote:
    I hate valentines day. Just makes single people feel unloved :( So this year me and my friend are going to have a romantic meal together, get really pissed and laugh and all the silly couples around us wasting money :D
    So let me get this straight.

You're going to go and have an expensive meal, drink a lot of alcohol, and then laugh at all those couples doing exactly the same thing.

How droll.

We'll get some nice steak and stop at home. We're sociable like that.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    So let me get this straight.

You're going to go and have an expensive meal, drink a lot of alcohol, and then laugh at all those couples doing exactly the same thing.

How droll.

We'll get some nice steak and stop at home. We're sociable like that.

No were gonna go to pizza express cos its yummy :yum:

and shut up, out plans brilliant :p
  • Options
    ~playboy~ wrote:
    No were gonna go to pizza express cos its yummy :yum:

and shut up, out plans brilliant :p
    Pizza Express is yummy, but I hope you've booked already.

And are prepared for the extra cost:p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    For Valentine's Day I think we are going to do something similar to what we did last year and just have a lovely night it. Maybe get takeout, have a bottle of wine and then possibly an early night ;)

We have imposed a £10 limit on presents and are probably just going to get each other silly things. I think I will get an Eeyore and David will probably get a cow.

So yes, nothing special but a nice, quiet evening in.

For our year anniversary we are going to go out for dinner and do all that special stuff. Not going to do it again for valentines as it is only 2 weeks later.
  • Options
    :(

*grumbles about commercial excuse to make money off idiots*

*this isn't due to being alone, honest* :no:
  • Options
    Like I do stuff on Valentine's! I've only ever got one Valentine's card in my whole life.

Evil thing, Valentine's :(
  • Options
    Don't have a clue yet ;o Depends what she wants to do and shit :s
  • Options
    I'm going to see New Found Glory this year with my mates ;) My 2005 horoscope says I'll end up in someone's arms on the 14th feb despite everything, but I doubt it knowing my usual luck (though that department is looking up this year).

Been a phobic of Valentine's Day since 2003; last year just spent the daylight hours in bed and the evening hours at a uni event, didn't go to bed til 6am on the 15th. That's how to survive it!

Valentines' Day = A day for single males to feel inferior, and taken males to feel poor :D