Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Noisy Home Phone Line

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We just took a phone call and the line is all noisy at home.

Reported it onthe BT website

Anyone ever had this happen ? If so how long did it take to get fixed and did BT ever tell you what caused it.

Comments

• Options
    wow BT called back and it all seems fixed 20 minutes !! Must be a world record!!
  • Options
    Amazing.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wow.
  • Options
    How super.

If only they could do that with my ADSL.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    BT are wankers. Often when I'm installing a system and theres a fault on the line, I phone up for them to test the line and as they're talking to me I see the fault get sorted and then they give me some bullshit that there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. They love to pass the blame.
    And the amount of sites I've been to where they installed the ISDN or ADSL in the wrong location. :mad: Jobs worth.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    an engineer doesnt represent the whole of a business

what happens if there is a fault on a few lines and someone is allready in the process of solving it when you ring up, of course it will magically disapppear, same with some computer problems, why should you have to restart your computer after an install? you just do to solve potential niggly problems

and if bt are so useless, how come the nation phone system still works
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    BT are wankers. Often when I'm installing a system and theres a fault on the line, I phone up for them to test the line and as they're talking to me I see the fault get sorted and then they give me some bullshit that there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. They love to pass the blame.
    And the amount of sites I've been to where they installed the ISDN or ADSL in the wrong location. :mad: Jobs worth.

But as you say they fix the problem AS you're on the phone to them - that's pretty rare these days that a company actually fixes something there and then .. I've heard far worse about NTL
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    But as you say they fix the problem AS you're on the phone to them - that's pretty rare these days that a company actually fixes something there and then .. I've heard far worse about NTL

The point is they deny it ever existed. Having worked as an NEC engineer for the last year I've had plenty of experience with BT. Trust me when I say the service is often very poor.
    Weekender Offender