Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ohhhhhh...Look at my baby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had my first scan yesterday, just look at my baby, i can't believe what it's like to really see it all perfectly formed and wriggling around. Only 6.2 cms from head to bum. It's so incredible, i wished i could take home the machine and look at my baby all day

Comments

• Options
    Awwww baby
  • Options
    You are lucky we only get one scan here at about 20wks unless problems.
  • Options
    I had my first scan yesterday, just look at my baby, i can't believe what it's like to really see it all perfectly formed and wriggling around. Only 6.2 cms from head to bum. It's so incredible, i wished i could take home the machine and look at my baby all day

amazing,

I remember those days...

my AV is a foot of my little girl who is now just over 10 weeks old - it just gets more and moree exciting
  • Options
    god that's a bit tight i would've hated waiting that long

cute aint it!
  • Options
    hobbs wrote:
    amazing,

I remember those days...

my AV is a foot of my little girl who is now just over 10 weeks old - it just gets more and moree exciting

awww thats sweet, i love their little feet and i love baby clothes, especially the little booties, i'm gonna have to start shopping now
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think I said it before, but congratulations!
    It's so incredible, i wished i could take home the machine and look at my baby all day
    You can take a tape, I think.
  • Options
    god that's a bit tight i would've hated waiting that long

cute aint it!

It is & yes cute, are you gonna find out the sex?
    I ended up having lots of scans but for others its horrible.
  • Options
    awww thats sweet, i love baby clothes, especially the little booties, i'm gonna have to start shopping now

shopping

lol

i don't think we bought anything apart from a few vests, people just give you so much stuff

but there is some very cute clothing out there
  • Options
    she didn't offer me that, but i'm going to get a DVD done when i'm about 20 wks i think, they're supposed to be excellent
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    I think I said it before, but congratulations!

You can take a tape, I think.

You pay lots of money for 4d scans & get your own home video.
  • Options
    hobbs wrote:
    shopping

lol

i don't think we bought anything apart from a few vests, people just give you so much stuff

but there is some very cute clothing out there

yeah you're prob right actually, especially knowing my lot, i will probably end up with way too much stuff
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    You pay lots of money for 4d scans & get your own home video.

apparently it's about 150 quid, i reckon that's worth it though
  • Options
    she didn't offer me that, but i'm going to get a DVD done when i'm about 20 wks i think, they're supposed to be excellent
    you can actually get a dvd of your baby? I did not know that.

And lots of congratulations for you, :)
  • Options
    yeah you're prob right actually, especially knowing my lot, i will probably end up with way too much stuff

If people ask, ask them to buy the next sizes up. Also i personally never bothered to buy newborn clothes except a few sleepsuits as they don't last long at all.
  • Options

If you can afford it yeah it probably is, at the time i would have loved one but now i don't think its worth it. You get to get loads of pics when they are here. lol
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    If people ask, ask them to buy the next sizes up. Also i personally never bothered to buy newborn clothes except a few sleepsuits as they don't last long at all.

good point, i suppose they grow at such a rate that it's not worth going over the top so early on.

To answer your earlier question, (i didn't see it til now) no they don't tell the baby's sex at our hospital, but with the DVD you can find out, but i haven't decided if i want to know yet :chin:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That sounds like a rip-off. They're already displaying to a screen, how much more could recording it cost??
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    That sounds like a rip-off. They're already displaying to a screen, how much more could recording it cost??

it's because it's private i quess, yeah it probably is a bit of a rip, but it is 4d and you can see it so clearly it's incredible. i think it will be lovely to show to the baby when he/she grows up, how they wriggled about in my womb.

i want me dvd! :hyper: