Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mobiles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want a new mobile, problem being that I don't know all that much about them, and what's good value and what's not.

I want to keep the same sim card, and want an integrated camera and all that jazz. Not fussed about having billions of ringtones/games/etc. And I don't want to spend a fortune, but want something that won't seem dated in six months time.

I've been half-offered a Motorola V600 today, but like I say I don't know all that much about phones, so can anyone give me any kind of clue as to whether it's likely to be along the lines of what I want, or give me any ideas as to what might be?

Thanking yous.

Comments

• Options
    I am, and I definitely don't want to go on contract. I don't care about the mathematics of it all and whether or not it works out cheaper, I don't trust myself with bills. There's noooooo way I'll shift on that one. So there. :p

What's the k700i like, isn't that one like dead expensive? :(
  • Options
    What's the other one, and what sort of price range would I be looking at?
  • Options
    Okie dokie, ta. :)
  • Options
    The samsung e600 is a nice phone with all the fancy features
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    The samsung e600 is a nice phone with all the fancy features

yes, tis. :D

don't go on contract if you don't trust yourself. my phone bill before my last one was £215. :eek:
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    What's the k700i like, isn't that one like dead expensive? :(

On watchdog earlier they were saying there's been a lot of problems with o2 and the k700i. Something to do with sim card compatability.

But then, you might not be going on o2 or even getting that phone.
  • Options
    Hi Laura,

How about a Nokia 7250i ? comes with a camera and I doubt they will be outdated anytime soon.

The electronics section of Amazon.co.uk had 13 Nokia 7250i (new) for around £100 in stock at time of posting (without sim) Currys website had them for around £80, tried Argos but their website was down while they bring out the new catalogue.

Umm, anyone any other suggestions :)