Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Team America

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anybody else seen this film ? It's complete quality, very amusing.

MATT DAMON
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i've seen it, its fucking hilarious :lol:

"Americaaa.....FUCK YEAH!"

and "there's no "i" in Team America..."
  • Options
    It's funny, but not something I'd buy on DVD to watch over and over again. The jokes are more focussed on the whole shock-value of the movie, and I think, once you'd watched it and knew what was coming, you wouldn't find it as funny.

Although, the "Matt Damon" bit killed me too.
  • Options
    oh i think not! The songs do it for me tbh. Montage was classic but the AIDS song killed me.....its terrible to joke about i know but what more shocking song could you want!?
  • Options
    Damn that Mr Mephistopholes!

The soundtrack was the best bit.
  • Options
    Blackraven wrote:
    Damn that Mr Mephistopholes!

The soundtrack was the best bit.

Best line, definitely. My favourite part was the "sex" and the bit that came before it. Oh, and the vomitting.

The soundtrack was fantastic and quite a few of the songs can now be found on my hard drive.
  • Options
    Durka Durka.

'Peaarl Harbour sucked a little bit less than I miss you'.

The soundtrack was class. V.amoosing film.
  • Options
    can't wait till it comes on video. too funny.
  • Options
    Yeah the Soundtrack was definatly the funniest, allthough just the sheer cheesie-ness of the whole thing just made it work!

Absolutly corpsed at the matt damon thing, and the pussies/assholes/dicks speech
  • Options
    MATT DAMOOOOOON Is probably one of my favourite parts, plus the limo jokes and when gary's punking lol
  • Options
    I thought the part where bodies were washed away and they showed bodies floating in the water was a bit inappropriate due to recent events. They made it before the tsumnami happened though so you know.

Yes this bit was unappropriate but what got me was when i went to see it people were laughing there heads off at this bit. With recent events i would of though people would be more respectful.
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    Yes this bit was unappropriate but what got me was when i went to see it people were laughing there heads off at this bit. With recent events i would of though people would be more respectful.

I was completely on the other side. I was pissing myself and annoyed at the people who made it quite obvious they found a dead floating duck hilarious, but kept quiet because of recent events. Even more so by the people next to us who were giving me the evils because I found it funny, when in their opinion, I shouldn't have done. They were completely unrelated and I'm glad they didn't postpone the release.
  • Options
    I found that part funny. Come on, it's a movie. Entertainment, it was made before it happened. Why not laugh?
  • Options
    "im ro rownree, ro rownreeeeee" hahaa, that was hillarious. i almost peed myself in the cinema
  • Options
    My favourite bit was when they dressed gary up for his undercover mission and all they had done was poorly stick hair to his face.
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    My favourite bit was when they dressed gary up for his undercover mission and all they had done was poorly stick hair to his face.

No! They painted bits of it brown too :p
  • Options
    When Gary does his "durka durka durka mohammed jihad," bit it just cracks me up everytime :)

That and when he's trying to convince them he's a terroist and he goes into a long heartfelt story about how the infidels massacred his goats.
  • Options
    No! They painted bits of it brown too :p

They also had that weird little video sequence when they made his nose bigger. But it didnt seem bigger.
  • Options
    The Doc wrote:
    I was completely on the other side. I was pissing myself and annoyed at the people who made it quite obvious they found a dead floating duck hilarious, but kept quiet because of recent events. .

It *was* funny, and it was really totally unconnected with anything to do with the Tsunami.

And I thought it was chickens.
  • Options
    the most politically incorrect thing I've ever seen, but very funny :D