Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Trafalgar Square last night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know what was going on? I tried to walk through cos I was walking about to clear my head and I wasn't allowed but it looked kinda fun.

So...?

Comments

• Options
    sounds intresting......

were there loads of police, or what?
  • Options
    There were loads of people and a big marquee - looked like a rally or concert or something.

Hmmmmm....
  • Options
    Russian Winter Festival according to Google.
    Russian Winter Festival 15th January
    Trafalgar Square Saturday 15 January 2005 from 12 noon to 8.00pm
    Experience the romance and mystery of a Russian winter wonderland. With the enchanting melodies of choirs and balalaikas, have your taste buds tantalised with hot Borsch, blini - Russian pancakes - or delicious pirozhki, traditional hot pies. This gala event, which features the Red Army Band, is the biggest celebration of Russian culture held abroad since the height of the Soviet Era. It's a wonderful chance to sample some rich culture, delicious food and astonishing dance moves, and a great tonic for the winter blues.
    Getting there: By Tube Charing Cross/ Leicester Square
    Russian Olympic Skating display at London's open-air ice ring at Somerset House in The Strand from the Russian Champion Skaters, Irina Labacheva and Ilia Averbukh, to an authentic Russian orchestral backing.
    Getting there: Nearest tube Temple / Charing Cross
    :eek2:
  • Options
    That'll be it then! Looked like fun, I just had to skirt round it. :(