Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Download speeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On a 1mg Broadband im acquiring 2 files, File one is 457.8mg and File two is same size.. download speed gets upto about 50kb/s then goes all the way back down to zero then goes back up again, roughly sits at 50kb/s for a while then goes back down..

Is this about right for the actual download speeds i'd get on my 1mg bb or should it be better/worse

I'm clueless when it comes to bb speeds for uploading / downloading..

Ta :)

Comments

• Options
    1mb/s broadband will give you maximum download speeds of around 125kB/s. That depends on the server/computer you're downloading from though.

Upload speeds are normally a lot lower so expect upload speeds of 30kB/s, unless you have a generous ISP :)
  • Options
    MY max speed is 117k/s. As said, depends on server, etc. I don't like to download below 100k/s if it's a big file or atleats 85-90 if it's a smallish one about 50megs. Also the upload speed will be 30k/s if your on ADSL like said or you will upload at what you download on DSL.
  • Options
    If you're seeing 50k/sec from both files simultaniously then that's not too bad.
  • Options
    yeah i agree with what everyone else has said but maybe its a server problem and not a client problem.

i'm on 1.5mbit and i get around 180kb/s
  • Options
    Also if your are downloading 2 files at once like your are then your download speed with be cut so each download has something like 50k/s. Maybe you could try another server?
  • Options
    oh what i wouldnt give to live in spain or even tokyo :thumb: