Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Re-sitting 2nd year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok...basically I dropped out of second year, so re-sitting is on the agenda.

Couple of questions if anyone knows the answer...:yes:

Do universities generally keep you registered with them even if you quit half way through a course? i.e. you drop you, spend a semester working or whatever, then just re-register as an existing student when term comes round after summer?

Or...do you have to re-apply through UCAS?

Been hearing sort of conflicting stuff, and there's nothing i can find on the net.

:wave:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    best bet would be to phone them up and ask them.
    I very much doubt you'll have to go through ucas, as you're on their records, they know your grades, how you did in the first year...

should be ok, I know alot oof people retake their second year
  • Options
    I would guess, you'll still be on there records but you won't be registered as a student as such, if you' haven't attended for (I think it is 3 months), because they'll think you have withdrawn from your course. If you have withdrawn or suspended your studies, they'll need you to apply again, but directly to them (not ucas or anything, except if you're doing a course in social work or nusing or something similar.)
  • Options
    It depends whether you actually dropped out by just not turning up or whether you spoke to your department about it.
    I suspended my studies a month into 2nd year which means that they are expecting me to restart 2nd year in October, and have kept me on their records etc, i'm still a registered student. If however I had simply stopped going then they would have considered me to have left and wouldn't let me back unless I reapplied.
    Best bet would be to contact your particular department and see what your status is.