Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Getting Rid of Old Things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apart from ebay is there any good ways to get rid of old things you don't want like old TV's, VCR's etc that still work?

My Dad used to repair TV's so we have about 5 in the loft upto 28 inches in size. But they're so old they don't have any scart sockets or anything just antenna sockets.

We don't have a van or anything so looking for people to come pick them up for nothing to use them or for them to sell on. my dad just wants to reclaim the space back!

He's already made 5 trips to the dump yard this week but those things are too big to fit in our car! Anyone know of organisation that can use such things and will pick up?

Comments

• Options
    Possibly try one of those companies that you contract when you move house if they're really that big?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Fly tipping. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Also works :D
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Is that when some geezer down the road has hired a skip and you dump some of your own stuff in there?
  • Options
    it's where you just find anywhere to dump your rubbish.

bastards the lot of ya that do! growing a mattress mountain in the shared yard around the back of my dad's restaurant!
  • Options
    have a garage sale and then keep the cash
    stick a few ads around shop windows supermarket etc ...free tellys to collector ...someone will have them.
  • Options
    Throw them at old ladies
  • Options
    Pop some adverts in the free rags.
  • Options
    I've seen plenty of people just put stuff out by the pavement with a sign saying free to good home, please take.

I suppose that depends how much stuff there is and where you live though. But then I'm talking stuff like sofas, tables and chairs here. :chin:
  • Options
  • Options
    Years ago there used to be rag and bone men and they'd go down the street driving real slow and ringing a bell taking almost anything you had to get rid of!! Wonder whatever happened to them!!
  • Options
    Years ago there used to be rag and bone men and they'd go down the street driving real slow and ringing a bell taking almost anything you had to get rid of!! Wonder whatever happened to them!!
    the government.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

Health and Safety probably!