Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

As a student...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
have you ever stolen a traffic cone? I've never felt particularly inclined to, but recently I've been tripping all over the little fuckers everywhere in my halls!

So what the hell's the attraction? The only good use I've seen for them has been to hold your door open.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    they make good trees if you paint them green, great for general use and better still for xmas

they plonked a few hundred outside my house one day when doing roadworks on a major road
  • Options
    No, but when I was at college I did pinch a road works sign.
  • Options
    oh yes, most definately.
    plenty of road signs too :p
    once in a drive by involving leaning out of a mini :yes:

... good times :thumb:
  • Options
    My hall nicked one of the UBER large ones. I plan to nick a stop sign at some point.
  • Options
    I had a traffic cone, a keep left sign AND a street name sign (complete with the little legs it stands on) in my garage at one point.

Result.

Someone in my college at Uni broke an unbreakable knife stealing the unstealable sign, for the record.
  • Options
    We have a "Permit Holders Only" parking sign in our kitchen. I have no idea why students steal all this stuff, but it's kinda fun :blush:

Then again, it's not just limited to students, when I was in year 10 me and my mates nicked about 15 roadwork signs. I think I'll always be immature....
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    My hall nicked one of the UBER large ones. I plan to nick a stop sign at some point.

Erm, thou shalt not steal?

I used to fight with trafic cones, and those plastic plank things they use to sheild off areas when drunk. Though it was something I grew out of aged 17.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Erm, thou shalt not steal?

I know, that's why i'm going to nick one.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I know, that's why i'm going to nick one.

Makes sense to me.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Makes sense to me.

I knew it would.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I knew it would.

Does this re-wording thing work with the other commandments too, in that you can covet your neighbors car, just not ass.
  • Options
    yeah, we have quite the collection behind our shed. from college days though, i think we grew out of it before uni.

my favourites are the 'this car park is monitored by CCTV' sign and the temporary bus stop.
  • Options
    Some mates of mine have a metal park bench in their garden, someone went out and angle grinded it, cut the legs and carried it home!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Does this re-wording thing work with the other commandments too, in that you can covet your neighbors car, just not ass.

I'm shocked that you'd accuse me of rewording one of the ten commandments. Nick is a totally different meaning.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I'm shocked that you'd accuse me of rewording one of the ten commandments. Nick is a totally different meaning.

Oh, you mean 'nick' yes, that is completley different from stealing isnt it.
  • Options
    have you ever stolen a traffic cone?
    Got one in the hall-way at the moment! :thumb:
  • Options
    this is our pet cone me and my boyfriend stole. It now lives in the living room of my shared house.
    Its made a delightful addition to the household often being involved in sexual references or being used as a megaphone :D

cone
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    No I rugby tackled one

that's also great fun, if you rugby tackle those white square things at junctions, they bend and then pop back up again afterwards :yes:
  • Options
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    this is our pet cone me and my boyfriend stole. It now lives in the living room of my shared house.
    Its made a delightful addition to the household often being involved in sexual references or being used as a megaphone :D

cone

I hope that sock is clean!
  • Options
    I hope that sock is clean!

i cant guatantee that it is :(
  • Options
    We stole one of the keep left bollards from a traffic island once, and made a mini roundabout out of it.

Oh, to be 17 again:(
  • Options
    have you ever stolen a traffic cone? I've never felt particularly inclined to, but recently I've been tripping all over the little fuckers everywhere in my halls!

So what the hell's the attraction? The only good use I've seen for them has been to hold your door open.

Only last week :p there was one outside my house, I'd had a few, and thought one of my housemates would like a 'welcome back' present.

It now resides in the backyard.

PS Large, good-quality traffic cones make excellent punchbags I've found!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    We stole one of the keep left bollards from a traffic island once, and made a mini roundabout out of it.
    :(

:lol:
  • Options
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    i cant guatantee that it is :(

poor traffic cone. :(
  • Options
    We've acquired a traffic cone and a shopping trolley.
  • Options
    my friend has a whole collection of street signs that her, her ex and my ex collected.

apart from my room being a tip and being lazy when i can, i don't think i've really done much....

i am boring :(