Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Migrating MSN Messenger to new Email

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My current email get like 90+ junk emails a day so I want to stop using it, but it's also the email address linked with my MSN Messenger ID (not a hotmail address) .. is there an easy way to simply migrate everything to a new email address instead of contacting every single person on my MSN?

I want to move because often people forget and just use the email option on MSN to send me an email and I don't see it amongst the SPAM

Comments

• Options
    you can export a contact list on msn to a file, and then import the contacts again

means you can add everyone at once

but the email address you have is assigned to that particular msn account
  • Options
    I recon the SPAM I'm getting now was from being on MSN anyway I think there was some flaw where people could harvest ID's from MSN's site - anyway I'm fed up with having to delete through all my emails to find the one message actually meant for me.

The interest woould probably be a heck of a lot faster without all the SPAM that flows through it.
  • Options
    well i use g(at)garethmilnerDOTcoDOTuk

as my msn and i dont get much spam at all
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well i use g(at)garethmilnerDOTcoDOTuk

as my msn and i dont get much spam at all

Well I've had this email for about 2 or 3 years .. new year so time to switch I think!!