Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how sickening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    argh!
    True Christians know from the Great Flood that one of God's favorite ways to indiscriminately kill

And would also know that He promised NEVER TO DO IT AGAIN. and that there is no punishment for Sin anymore.
    ARGH THEY'RE SO ANNOYING!
  • Options
    I thought Landover Baptist was a joke? I've been caught out by this before...
  • Options
    :lol: Actually, you look right there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    i have supsected thia....cant make it out though....
  • Options
    Landover Baptist = Joke website. It's not the most savoury thing to make jokes about, but it's not serious.

ETA: But you found this out about ten minutes ago. Teach me for leaving the room with a reply box open.
  • Options
    I just find it strange that the website is "not intended to be viewed by anyone under 18". Surely religion is meant to be inclusive of all ages :rolleyes: .

Unpleasant, would make sense if it's a joke then :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo

heh, I hope so, probably wouldnt have trade marked "true christian" otherwise.

I'm hoping it's a scathing satire of the devout narrowminded sections of christianity :rolleyes:
    As Pastor Deacon Fred said during Wednesday evening services,
    "My stars! It really is something to see the glorious purity of God's Biblical wrath unfold on a 62-inch plasma wide screen in HDTV from the comfort of your own Christian living room. These are certainly amazing times for technology when the Almighty's insatiable appetite for snatching little infants from their unsaved mothers' arms are transported directly from the pages of the Bible right into your home theater! We ran plum clean out of popcorn! Praise Jesus!"

I'm sorry, but I find satire like this quite amusing :chin: ;)
  • Options
    if its a joke then i find it funny ;)

but i reckon there are people out there with views as such...
  • Options
    I think the worship christ and get a free ps2 kinda gives it away, if not the 'women' section
  • Options
    :lol::lol: It's really funny actually
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    I think the worship christ and get a free ps2 kinda gives it away...
    ps2side.jpg

:lol:
  • Options
    damn i didnt read close enough....it is well funny :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    and that there is no punishment for Sin anymore.
    ARGH THEY'RE SO ANNOYING!
    no punishment for sin my arse!
    you need to read your bible ...the wages of sin are death it says.
    if you have sinned and are genuinely repentant and change course then you get the forgivness. if you carry on sinning regardless then you have shown no repentance.
  • Options
    Exactly!! The risk is far too great. This is why I have no care at all for the 100.000 deaths in Iraq amongst the moon worshipping mudslums. I glory in their demise. Indeed they have defied God for so long now that I hope He really does get to
    enjoy Himself as he sets them on that slippery slide into the Lake of Fire! One can almost imagine the beautious Glory of His Vengeful Visage as He sends them all to Hell!

Im sorry but i dont really find that particulary amusing..some bits are but half of it is just sick...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    if you have sinned and are genuinely repentant and change course then you get the forgivness. if you carry on sinning regardless then you have shown no repentance.
    what happens if u sin all ur life but then realise ur wrong so u change but then die a week later?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~playboy~
    Exactly!! The risk is far too great. This is why I have no care at all for the 100.000 deaths in Iraq amongst the moon worshipping mudslums. I glory in their demise. Indeed they have defied God for so long now that I hope He really does get to
    enjoy Himself as he sets them on that slippery slide into the Lake of Fire! One can almost imagine the beautious Glory of His Vengeful Visage as He sends them all to Hell!

Im sorry but i dont really find that particulary amusing..some bits are but half of it is just sick...
    they are taking the piss out of people who actually think like that...............
  • Options
    There're always time for mockery of religious maniacs, so the website serves a useful purpose in that way. A lot of it is pretty funny.

However I think the particular article linked is in poor taste. There's a difference between making light of a bad situation and insensitivity; satirical or not.

/prudishness
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    what happens if u sin all ur life but then realise ur wrong so u change but then die a week later?
    well ...according to the bible genuine repentance saves your soul. only the big man himself would know wether or not the dying man was genuine i supposes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    You file a no sin no fee claim.

No. Seriously. Your body rots, and you become a potato, and Jesus eats you at the last super.
    will i be drank at the last great?
  • Options
    The irony was obvious at the beginning of that page, but interesting website anyway. I'll look at it again when I'm bored or something.
  • Options
    Anyone who finds that amusing (or just too subtle ;) ) should have a look at Betty Bowers .

The film reviews ( ) are especially funny.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

I was meaning Christ's sacrifice on the cross...
  • Options
    Great site. I gonna start posting!
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    :confused: :eek2: :confused:

I was quoting what they said on the site just didnt actually quote it.

I really dont find it funny reading that shit.
  • Options
    The trouble with piss-takes like Landover Baptist is that it isn't too far from the subjects it's mocking sometimes:

It's all the fault of gays and fornicators! Or so sayeth worldnutdaily, a website that makes Landover look sane.