Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hi Guys

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Didnt get chance to wish anyone a good christmas and new Year but I hope you all had a good one. I moved house just before Christmas and only got my broadband up and running today.
Well I'm off wor with the flu and I have blocked ears :( drops and olive oil wont work nd my doctors phone line seems to be playing up so i cant here neeash!
Anyway, atleast we're on the right side o the year for summer!!

Happy new year guys.

Comments

• Options
    You back with NTL Cable again?

What do you do with the olive oil?

.. You probably caught a cold from going Commando Style everywhere ..

:D
  • Options
    warm it up, it breaks down wax build up but it can make it worse by lodging it. It didnt do anything to me :( i stupidly bought some drops to but they are oil based so the same thing really but they didnt work :(
    it's more my sinuses i think tho but cant get to the docs!!!
  • Options
    oh n yes im with NTL n i havent gone commando in ages! now stop reminding me about it!!!;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    warm it up, it breaks down wax build up but it can make it worse by lodging it. It didnt do anything to me :( i stupidly bought some drops to but they are oil based so the same thing really but they didnt work :(
    it's more my sinuses i think tho but cant get to the docs!!!

Well whatever you do DON'T hold your nose and blow, I did that once semi by accident and ever since I get ear infections in my left ear from time to time!!

Honey and Apple cidar vinegar is good for a sore throat not sure about sinuses!!

And if you're off work who's gluing the engines on the planes?
  • Options
    the people that usually do it....but if they have ran out of glue...eek...they dont have my home number!
  • Options
    :wave:
  • Options
    could you try the NHS help line thingy?
  • Options
    hiya and happy new year to you
    sorry to hear about the cold & flu
    get well soon
  • Options
    I had a terrible sinus infection the other week that really messed up my ears and my nose was streaming. I did get some antibiotics in the end from the doctor, but only cos it had gone on for 3 weeks.
    However, you can clear the congestion, albeit temporarily with pills called Contac, or the Sudafed 12hr stuff. It should work, I used it so I could do my normal shifts at work, even though I felt like shit. Also, put your head over hot water in a sink with a towel over then blow our nose (didnt do this but the doctor said it really helps?!).
    Umm with the ear thing, I always get told to use those inhaler things that you inhale through your nose, but I can never do it properly if my sinuses are all blocked!
    Hope it gets better :)
  • Options
    :wave: Where've you been, girlie?!

sorry you're poorly :( But you're right, the days are getting longer and the clocks go forward within the next coupla months :D

x

P.S.: If you've been putting oil in your ear you can get the nurse to syringe them. But it has to be oil not drops, and for 5 days. At least that's what my surgery always says. I get blocked ears all the time.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice guys!!!! hopefully get in the docs soon!! n I'll try your tips!!!
  • Options
    Alright Vicky, you settled down now or still going mad?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Alright Vicky, you settled down now or still going mad?
    erm....lol no I'm verry settled in lifestyle just not very settled homewise!!!

Hi James!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hi, nice to see you again... Good luck with the flu, you'll get better... Just hold on! :)
  • Options
    hey vicks! merry christmas and happy new year too ya too

hope ya get better soon :(

flu sucks bum

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think I caught your flu :(