Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feeling the Fear...but too afraid to do it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want a new job.

I hate admin. But its all Im qualified for. My manager pisses me off immensely everyday. My company (a charity) is cool, the people are cool, but theres not enough here to keep me occupied/motivated/focused.

I hated my last job cos it was in HR, and now I hate this one, cos I just cant stand administration anymore. Im not even typing anything interesting.

Ive been hunting around for jobs, but I know, deep down, Im too scared to actually go for it.

Im never going to find a job that I love, cos all I can do is type. And that in itself is utter shite.

Sorry...rant over.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Feeling the Fear...but too afraid to do it.

Well you'll never know what something is going to be like until you try it. I'm sure when you're looking through jobs, you can see ones that you can do and that sound of interest. Do it now! A word of advice, when you apply to do something in a different field to what you're doing now, alter your CV.
    Re: Feeling the Fear...but too afraid to do it.
    Originally posted by SuicideBlonde

Im never going to find a job that I love, cos all I can do is type. And that in itself is utter shite.
    I'm sure that you have other skills that you haven't realised!

You could always try to expand your skills eg. by doing a part time college course or something before leaving your current job.

:)
    I've been hunting around for jobs, but I know, deep down, Im too scared to actually go for it.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've had to force myself into jobsearching, I've not succeeded so far, but am trying. Personally, I'm scared of failure. What you talk about is saying "all I'm good at is typing". Maybe this might mean you could take a course in something else you're interested in doing?
    If you can type and have a solid office background then there's plenty of different career paths open to you.

If you fancy something in Local Government, with a bit more responsibility, have a look at Sector1.net. For instance.

With a basic office experience, you can move into just about anything.