Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Goat Gift

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I know that some people bought goats that went to third world country's for christmas and now I want to buy my friend a goat thing for her birthday...I know you can get them from oxfam unwrapped but at the moment they are only uspplying emergency supplies to Asia so does anyone know of another charity that does the same thing?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Goat? As in, the animal?
    First, why were the goats taken there and why didn't they leave them there?
    And how is a goat a birthday present?
    And... wrapped? Wrap a goat??? :eek: :eek:

Okay, either there's another meaning to the word "goat" which I can't find in a dictionary or I entered some alternate dimension with completely unfamilliar laws of logic... Should I turn the light off so my carpets don't cough blood?
  • Options
    You pay for a goat or other thing like tree or chickens to be sent to another country in poverty, then the recipient of the gift is sent a certificate telling them where the goat or whatever went.

EDIT: 'oxfam unwrapped' is a website
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh... :blush:
    I thought you were saying that some goats were taken to third world countries and brought back, and you wanted to wrap one in paper or something and bring it to your friend as a present... :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    Oh... :blush:
    I thought you were saying that some goats were taken to third world countries and brought back, and you wanted to wrap one in paper or something and bring it to your friend as a present... :blush:

me too...
  • Options
    Far as I know Oxfam is the only one that does it. What's wrong with just using them?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Far as I know Oxfam is the only one that does it. What's wrong with just using them?

They aren't doing the goats at the moment and I really wanted to get a goat.
  • Options
    huh, when's this birthday then? They might put them back on, or you could email oxfam and ask if you can buy a goat...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    There's hundreds.

Here's a decent one from World Vision.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish

:yes:

we got the three chickens for christmas.
  • Options
    i want a real goat. i used to have a goat when i lived in somerset. goats are cool. my mate up the road has 26. they make nice cheese......though i did find that heidi (yeah bad name, i know) ate my school uniform off the line. it was the first day of the school holidays so it didn't matter all that much......

but that idea sounds great. but i don't know anything about the oxfam thing.........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    There's hundreds.

Thankyou, I might get a sheep aswell...
  • Options
    though i did find that heidi (yeah bad name, i know)

I think that's a great name for a goat! :yes:
  • Options
    I got a goat for christmas - well one sent to Africa on my behalf - you can also get them from Send a cow http://www.sendacow.org.uk/default.asp? - who are far too cool and I really want to work for them