Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Army career!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are any of you between 16-19 and begun a career in any of the Army branches? And/or have you served abroad and still in your teens?

Is so, I'd like to hear from you for a future case study idea for this website http://rfts.worldarcstudio.com/_mainsite03/sorted/index.php (I am the main writer of: feedback welcome:-)

This is all in conjunction with YouthNet UK and TheSite.org, of course and SKY HAVE contracted me as a writer so I can spread the site's ethos to their teen site (11-19 yrs age.)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Moderator Mazza xx

Comments

• Options
    Re: Army career!!
    Originally posted by mazza
    Are any of you between 16-19 and begun a career in any of the Army branches? And/or have you served abroad and still in your teens?

Is so, I'd like to hear from you for a future case study idea for this website http://rfts.worldarcstudio.com/_mainsite03/sorted/index.php (I am the main writer of: feedback welcome:-)

This is all in conjunction with YouthNet UK and TheSite.org, of course and SKY HAVE contracted me as a writer so I can spread the site's ethos to their teen site (11-19 yrs age.)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Moderator Mazza xx
    obviously not from the nil replies you got maz.
    i regret not having joined the army.
    i was made for it.
    i have mates who did and who still are in some cases ...and their sons and daughters have followed.
    great life.
    until you actualy have to kill and survive for real.
    i have a thousand stories in my head from these people ...heartwarming/wrenching ...love sacrifice adventure danger death and evil ...great decisions and disasterous ones ...but it aint for me to tell.
    i should have joined up ...instead i rolled up ...but then i have no regrets being a man of peace.
  • Options
    army

Thanks for posting all the same. I like your new avatar.
  • Options
    My mate has just handed in his notice at the army after 3 months basic training. Apparently the conditions are absolutely shite.
  • Options
    shite conditions

In what way?
  • Options
    very funny j

lol...but let's try not to stereotype - perhaps he was at Deep Cut or somewhere equally ghastly (no offence intended, just bringing some levity to this subject.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    He has to take orders from his superiors who shout...
    There's no x-box...
    He's not allowed to wear burberry pattern 69 combat trousers...
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Re: very funny j
    Originally posted by mazza
    lol...but let's try not to stereotype - perhaps he was at Deep Cut or somewhere equally ghastly (no offence intended, just bringing some levity to this subject.)

Ahh, another guy i know went there a while ago and dropped out recently, i think thats were the people involved with vehicles and driving etc go??? Apparently it wasn't as bad as it is reputed there, but recently for example, all the troops got called up in the middle of the night and had to cover themselves up with their mess tins[??], and got darts thrown at them. But the women only got 2 tins ;o

Then there were all the 2 bullets to the head suicides...

My mate is working at Harrogate\Caterick, and the conditions are bad as you don't have a clue whats going on in the outside world [no tv, newspapers etc], Hes completely fucked his back up as he strained it doing excercise and when he complained about it was told to shut up, if you leave any of your kit out [and you have thousands of pounds worth of it] it gets taken away and you have to pay for whatever gets taken away, if you do certain things wrong then you get sent to military prison [can't quite remember where it is, will find out, but it puts normal prison to shame apparently], tons of other things etc.

I could go on and on...
  • Options
    I went to Lichfield training barracks but unfortunetly didn't pass the medical due to me wearing contact lenses, they should have told me way before I even got there, fuck knows who fucked up there..
    Yeh they do shout and give you a hard time but that's what it's all about, you need to be trained well, and trained to obey orders... If you can't take these things then it's definetely not for you, like it's not for most people...
    I hear after training, things get alot easier to deal with.
  • Options
    nash, when did you go to lichfield? me bro was there last year doin his basic!

mazza, i'll see if i can get me bro to post on here when he gets posted to Germany in a couple of months if that's any good to ya :confused:
  • Options
    bro' posting

Yes, thanks welsh_mosher that would be really useful if your brother could post.