Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Jump Britian

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone see this programme? It's about a sport called free running.

free running site is the site.

I for one would love to be able to do some of the things they do, it's more than just jumping around and over things, it's so gymnastic and elegant, and I'm willing to bet it can be a great way to relieve stress as well. I expect this will become more popular throughout time and will eventually be a mass scale sport, as it's not like skateboarding for example, where it takes years to master your tricks. Your body and fear is the limit, you can push your physical body to the limit, and it doesn't take years of learning.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    it's something you did as a kid, just taken much further... some of the stuff was very impressive, just think you'd get crazy stares doing it.

anyone care to start a leeds 'jump' massive? :D
  • Options
    Posted it ages ago in Anything Goes. Twice, actually ;<
  • Options
    I reckon the more media attention Free Running gets, the more like the next jackass its gonna be....i mean, how many early teens are there burning themselves alive/jumping off houses/crashing trolleys into each other are there now? Before long theres gonna be kids up and down walls, jumping across buildings and dying horribley as they do it.....be on Newsround before long....

Personally, i think its amazing...and only wish i had the physicality to do it...yet sadly im doomed to a life of chubby/unsportingness....

Peace
  • Options
    Some rather impressive stuff but I can see problems.

Councils are pissed off as it is with skateboarders "ripping up the urban concrete". Imagine how they're gonna feel when neds start jumping from rooftops and walking on railings, etc..
  • Options
    darwin's evolution theory in effect.
  • Options
    That is absolutely amazing and it isn't like jackass....I think it's more spiritual. :cool:
    It's urban but it's stretching beyond limits I think it's much deeper than rollerskating or setting yourself on fire.
  • Options
    Thought it was very cool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Posted it ages ago in Anything Goes. Twice, actually ;<

If it was ages ago, it would probably have been about Jump London, not jump Britian :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    If it was ages ago, it would probably have been about Jump London, not jump Britian :p

It was that exact same site.

See? :razz:
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I had a go at this after it was first on BBC a couple of years back, and I couldn't do it. I'd always pause before jumping something instead of it all being one fluid movement. I love watching those guys in action; it's incredible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    It was that exact same site.

See? :razz:

But I was posting about the programme. :razz: