Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Barcelona

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My boyfriend said he would take me away for a long weekend for my birthday in March. Ive always wanted to go to Barcelona dont know why just sounds beautiful but I just wanna know what its like over there, like for clubs, stuff to do in the day etc, and is it expensive???

I was also thinking of Prague or Amsterdam but I think Barcelona at the mo cuz its somewhere Ive always wanted to go!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    me and mr. kaff went in october and had a great time.

there's loads to do if you're into culture and art, there are all kinds of museums, an aquarium, parks, fantastic shopping, and LOADs of restuarants, bars and i imagine, clubs, although we didn't go to any.

it's not expensive, but it's not dirt cheap either. it depends what you'll be doing. we got a flight over for £17 each (god bless jet2) and the hotel we stayed in was cheap and cheerful. if you don't want frills, you can get a really good deal.

i loved it, personally, and would definitely go back.
  • Options
    Theres loads of places to go if you want to look at the culture of the city, theres art musems and galleries that are interesting if your into that kind of thing.

Las Ramblas though is your place to be if you want all the action, shops, every different little thing you can imagine for sale.

I know that isn't really helpful but i'm tired and can't really be arsed but if you do a search you'll find some great threads about Barcelona on here.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    It's one of my fave places in the world and because it's so beautiful and has great atmosphere, a lot of the time you don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money because you can just stroll about the streets and soak up the city.

Lots of great cheap places to eat - try Juicy Jones for a bit of a trippy eating experience. Park Guell is free and the other Gaudi places you pay to enter but they're v good value for money.
  • Options
    i lived near barcelona for a month years and year ago.

very nice place. and the night life is ment to be good.

easter is a good time to go if you want to see all the easter parades and stuff.
  • Options
    top place barcelona, one of my fave places for a cheapish boozy weekend. its not cheap, but not expensive. bout same prices as hear, so if you get a cheap jet2 flight you are laughing