Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

holiday recommendation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Five mates and I are going on holiday (somewhere hot) in the summer but have yet to choose the destination and book the holiday. We're all early 20's into clubbing, shopping, eating out, watersports etc does anyone have any recommendations??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They say Lloret (Spain) is a great place... You can always try Algarve (Portugal)... They are both very hot... You can try Italy nd Greece, I think they are hot too, but not sure
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I'd say Gambia is an excellent place if you don't mind getting down with the locals clubbing! An excellent night out - and instead of cheesy white guys, you get supercool duudes :p

The beaches are beautiful and long, the sands golden.

However, as like any place, keep an eye out for people hassling you to buy stuff.

When did you go to Gambia and for how long? Was it an expensive venture? What's tourism like over there?
  • Options
    I'm going to go to Gambia, where abouts in the world is it exactly?

You never mentioned anything about the food, only the booze and fegs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun

You never mentioned anything about the food, only the booze and fegs.

He's just getting his priorities straight.

The Gambia is on the West African coast I think, around that area of things.
  • Options
    Ayia Napa, Cyprus is a good place to go.
  • Options
    Cant go wrong with the greek islands really. Zante, Kos etc all good but not many night clubs, just loads of bars.
  • Options
    Yep :yes: Greek Islands :love:
  • Options
    Accra(Ghana),you will love it.I have been to so many places and i can say Accra is the most nicest. :yes:
  • Options
    No, you want to go to Cape Town, it maybe the murder capital of the world but dont let that put you off.

Its got everything, cheap food and housing, clubbing all over the shop, beaches and a mountain that looks like a table. What more could you ask for!
  • Options
    If you like big clubs with big names i would say ibiza. its got everything you could ask for no matter what you are into. the big clubs make for a very expensive nite out with the average entry fee being about £45 drinks in the big clubs are very expensive also. in pacha last year it was 8 euros for a bottle of water 10 for a pint and 12 for a vodka and coke. saying that tho you can get stamps to go in and out in most of the clubs so you can just go into the bar next door for alcoholic drinks if you want to.

the food is reasonably piced, many places do deals where you get a starter, main, desert and a drink for 10 euros.

pathos in cyprus is good if your not bothered about big clubs, however everything in cyprus has gone up in price over the last couple of years but there are still places that do cheep drinks so you would have to look around for the best deals. and the water park is brilliant aswell (ibiza's s crap)

Corfu is another brilliant place, if your not in kavos. (i really didnt like Kavos but thats just my opinion) there are loads of busy resorts with loads of clubs and bars and the drinks and food tends to be really cheep and good.
  • Options
    i agree, my sister works for them, cheep hols galore lol
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    If you like big clubs with big names i would say ibiza.....the average entry fee being about £45..

Says it all doesnt it. Cape Town has fantastic clubbing, there are outdoor parties in the summer, a field or farm, loads of people, really good. Then dirty indoor things during the winter.
  • Options
    Ayia Napa, Cyprus is a good place to go.

Sorry but Ayia Napa is the biggest dive in Europe unless your a Wigga that's into Garage and has an attitude. Ibiza is good the first 2 or 3 times then it's boring.

Rimini in Italy is the birth place Europen Dance music and in my opinion is the clubbing capitol of Italy. It's got about 150 nightclubs, nice people, nice weather, nice beaches and good hotels. Plus the Blue Bus runs all night so you can get a bus when ever you want. It's well worth a look. One of the only small down sides is the Italians do like their cheesy Dance music. Oh and there's loads of pretty people :D.
  • Options
    Cape town is well cool I went to some really good parties there but its abit expensive to get to but the time you've adde everything together. Greek Islands are good - just go to athens and get the boat and see where you end up - I've never had a problem getting accomodation just turning up on spec and its always been really cheap - Ios - I think is really cool - lots of clubs and discos and there is no airport so no package tours either.

Or Prague maybe - i've never been but i've heard really good things about it. I guess it depends how into your clubbing you are - if you just want to have fun and dance then you can go most places in the med and have a good time. However if your a really serious clubber then go to Ibiza I guess. Also check out european festivals - combine sighseeing and bands - I might be going to one in Barcelona in May and then stay on for a few days of holiday.
  • Options
    Kardamena in Kos (Greece) is a good place to go if you're looking for a "lively" holiday - a couple of proper night clubs, lots of bars with dancefloors, it was the kind of place where you could buy one drink and get two free shots. Cocktails were about 3 euros everywhere, there was a really wide range of food, loads of English and vegetarian stuff but lots of traditional Greek stuff too. If you stay in one of the hotels on the edge of the resort then you don't have to be worried about being disturbed by noise or anything. Beaches are lovely and there were quite a lot of young people there (in case you were on the pull!). It is also very hot, which is always good!
  • Options
    Went to Kos, i didnt find it that exciting.

Ya need to go to a 5* hotel in Morroco and just chill by the pool, thats what i did :D Holiday or what? :d
  • Options
    NaRaYaN wrote:
    Cant go wrong with the greek islands really. Zante, Kos etc all good but not many night clubs, just loads of bars.

Zante i went last year, was absolutely great if thats the kinda holiday your going for :hyper:
    i'm off to Malia this year, which is supposed to be bigger and better, or Kos friends of mine went last year :)
  • Options
    I went to Kefalos in Kos last year with my boyfriend and it was heavenly, although probably the quietest of the resort towns in Kos. Kos Town is supposed to be good for clubbing and all that malarkey without being too oversubscribed or tacky (unless tack is what you want, as it can be good ;) )

If it's a beach holiday you're looking for then you can't go far wrong with the places in Cyprus and the Greek Islands that people have mentioned. Corfu, Thessaloniki and Kefalos are all divine. The best place for clubbing I have ever been though, is Berlin...not that it's most people's idea of a good time...or indeed a place for sun, sea and sand :p