Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Super Markets

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Just to let you know ..
    Originally posted by Richeh
    I got offered the job, i accepted it

4 hour induction on thursday and then i'll find out my shifts

I'm all excited :hyper: :D

Ooooh, well done. :D

You will have to let me know what it's like to work there. It only just clicked that you're in Edinburgh, which is one of the places I'm looking to go to uni at. So if I go to Edinburgh uni, and transfer stores while I'm there, I could be your colleague, aren't you lucky. :p
    Re: Re: Just to let you know ..
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Ooooh, well done. :D

You will have to let me know what it's like to work there. It only just clicked that you're in Edinburgh, which is one of the places I'm looking to go to uni at. So if I go to Edinburgh uni, and transfer stores while I'm there, I could be your colleague, aren't you lucky. :p

:D

Well you'll have to let me know if you do choose to come up here then, and if your transfering stores which one ;)

Btw i forgot to mention a kinda big part of my new job lol...

I erm have to go around the other 4 morrisons stores inedinburgh and help convert them and they dont know yet wether they will be paying travel allowance or not... damn them they better :p
    Re: Re: Re: Just to let you know ..
    :D

Well you'll have to let me know if you do choose to come up here then, and if your transfering stores which one ;)

Btw i forgot to mention a kinda big part of my new job lol...

I erm have to go around the other 4 morrisons stores inedinburgh and help convert them and they dont know yet wether they will be paying travel allowance or not... damn them they better :p

There ar five Morrisons stores in Edinburgh?! Madness. Spoilt for choice!

What will you be doing then, converting them from Safeways into Morrisons or something?
    I havent fully checked but from the way the HR person was talking their is Five stores inclusing,, my store.

They told me i'd be required to travel to the other stores to convert them into morrisons ( but she kept calling them Morrisons rather than safeway :S ? ) She randomly named 2 of them, the store in Meadowbank and the store in Moredun.

Moredun = :nervous: ( i think )
    Re: Re: Re: Just to let you know ..
    dont know yet wether they will be paying travel allowance or not... damn them they better :p

well done on getting the job.

yes, they should pay travel allowances for you.

however they might be stingy bastards and might not. you'll have to ask.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Just to let you know ..
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    well done on getting the job.

yes, they should pay travel allowances for you.

however they might be stingy bastards and might not. you'll have to ask.

I'm not even sure if i can even do it now. I need money as i have none, because they wont pay me for 6 weeks i had to ask the jobcentre what benefits area vailable to me, and there arent any. I havent even started this job yet and already ive encountered a few problems, all related to money.

If safeway refuse to pay my travel costs then i simply cant go to those stores to help convert them. This is all such a pain in the arse.

Everytime something good happens in my life something goes wrong. All the time :(

Sod. What am i going to do
    You may well find you'd be the same in any job - once you've done the 6 weeks you'll be fine. Ask Morrisons if they pay petrol expenses - though you may find they'll only reimburse it (i.e. pay you after you've done the travelling).
    You may well find you'd be the same in any job - once you've done the 6 weeks you'll be fine. Ask Morrisons if they pay petrol expenses - though you may find they'll only reimburse it (i.e. pay you after you've done the travelling).

I've sorted out some ( a little really ) money for myself to try to survive on for the 6 weeks but i cant afford to pay money towards travel its just not possible . We'll have to discuss t at my induction.
    I've sorted out some ( a little really ) money for myself to try to survive on for the 6 weeks but i cant afford to pay money towards travel its just not possible . We'll have to discuss t at my induction.

yes, make sure you tell them your situation - make it clear that you really want the job but at the moment are in a little financial difficulty. they should be understanding - it's a little bit to ask asking you to have to fork out money with not much notice.
    yes, make sure you tell them your situation - make it clear that you really want the job but at the moment are in a little financial difficulty. they should be understanding - it's a little bit to ask asking you to have to fork out money with not much notice.

I'm sure they will understand. it will take a while to get things going but once the money starts flowing in, then everyting should be fine.

Actually whilst im here, whats the best thing to wear to an induction where you will also be touring the shop floor? I was hoping i could wear loose stuff but i think i am better off wearing trousers/shoes/shirt type thing ?
    Actually whilst im here, whats the best thing to wear to an induction where you will also be touring the shop floor? I was hoping i could wear loose stuff but i think i am better off wearing trousers/shoes/shirt type thing ?

I'd recommend smart black trousers and a smart white shirt with a pair of nicely polished black shoes.
    I'd recommend smart black trousers and a smart white shirt with a pair of nicely polished black shoes.

Yeah i thought that might be the better case. Cheers :)