Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

romantic holibobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've decided to be an amazing girlfriend and take my boyfriend on a city break on Europe for his birthday (which coincides with mine). any tips on where's good? and cheap-ish? got a budget of about 300-400.

cheers mucho :)

Comments

• Options
    How about France?
  • Options
    Re: romantic holibobs
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    i've decided to be an amazing girlfriend and take my boyfriend on a city break on Europe for his birthday (which coincides with mine). any tips on where's good? and cheap-ish? got a budget of about 300-400.

cheers mucho :)

barcelona, easy jet are buggery cheap
  • Options
    was thinking that actually! paris is a bit cliche though and the south is very expensive. and also,i'm finding travel to be a bugger! flights (even ryanair!) are about 250,and then we have to make our way from the airport to somewhere else! whats the channel tunnell thingy like?
  • Options
    very dire, seriously barcelona from newcastle was stupidly cheap for when i went over the summer, i should imagine it might be pretty cheap from other airports as well, plus barcelona is a pretty place, and often over looked by the likes of paris
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    whats the channel tunnell thingy like?

Never had the pleasure. What month will you be travelling?
  • Options
    erm...end of july to the start of august. the tunnel looks confusing,i'll go have a look at easyjet + let you know how i get on,cheers :)
  • Options
    Also have a look at Prague, you can get a hotel & flights for about £150 per person, thats for two nights. Check out www.onlinetravel.com
  • Options
    prague is also very pretty, and quite cheap forbuying consumables and gifts over there as well
  • Options
    looking at the website,ta! was thinking bout Prague actually,my gran (she's so cool!) loved it. my friend scot's telling me that chris'll be unimpressed,is he right?!:confused:
  • Options
    Not sure why he'd be unimpressed. But you can check it here http://www.prague.cz/ and see what you think.
  • Options
    oh,yes! so chuffed,managed to get 5 nights in a hostel,plus return flights for less than 300! w00p! cheers guys :)