Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Job Opportunities

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
Looking at the area in which you live in, how many job opportunities do you believe there to be?

Following general website etiquette, answering my own question first, job opportunities in North West Wales are absolutely appalling. How on Earth I'm meant to find one is beyond me, but I'll give it a try.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say there were tons of jobs available in Edinburgh. being chossy i want a spefic job that pays a certain amount and no less and want hours that suit me :D

thats why i am having trouble actually getting a job because i refuse to drop the specifics.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    As in most big cities theres quite a lot of jobs going - especially in sales and office work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    As in most big cities theres quite a lot of jobs going - especially in sales and office work.
    I'm beginning to see a pattern here.
  • Options
    In most areas there are virtually always jobs going, it just depends whether you want to work enough.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    In most areas there are virtually always jobs going, it just depends whether you want to work enough.
    It's easy for you to say that considering you live in London.
  • Options
    wherever there are people, there are jobs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    wherever there are people, there are jobs.
    And wherever there are lots of people, there are lots of jobs. Is that a fair assumption?
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    And wherever there are lots of people, there are lots of jobs. Is that a fair assumption?

yeah. and wherever there are lots of jobs and lots of people, there's lots of competition.

stop making excuses.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    It's easy for you to say that considering you live in London.

Well yes, in London there are more jobs, but the living expenses are more.

It maybe really ugly work, but most places there are jobs going, in sales, delivery, cleaning....etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    stop making excuses.
    I don't accept the line that I'm making excuses. I merely think that I have to be realistic.
  • Options
    Try not to think about doing the job long term, its just a starting point. First jobs are always rubbish.