Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Who's going back to work tomorrow?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am and I don't wanna :( It's probably just that feeling of anticipation that's making me feel negative about it, but I really don't want to go back! I've had a lovely time not working, but I want some more time off! Most of the Xmas hols were made up of bank holidays so I couldn't really do much...oh well, just think of the money.

Anyone else going back to work tomorrow and not happy about it?

Comments

• Options
    i don't mind. i've been kinda bored at home. but i've not been off the whole time, i was working 2 and a half days last week.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i don't mind. i've been kinda bored at home. but i've not been off the whole time, i was working 2 and a half days last week.

I suppose I'm bored as well and it'll be good to get out into the "real world" again. Doesn't stop me dreading it though!
  • Options
    I start back tomorrow and i'm not sure of i'm happy about it or not. There this one girl in my class that I just want to punch cos she's a rasist little bitch.
  • Options
    I start again tomorrow. Which is apparently really ace, as everyone else started today.
    I don't want to though, I have made nada homework. Urgh.
  • Options
    I have to go back to college tomorrow...which is gay as I haven't done my English presentation, and all the stuff I need for it is currently at the bottom of a large, very full box. Argh.

I have the stupidest amount of free periods tomorrow too. Which is gay, 'cause I know I'll just end up sat in the library for them *sigh*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    There this one girl in my class that I just want to punch cos she's a rasist little bitch.

Do then. I'd help you :yes:
  • Options
    I would do but then I'll get kicked out for a rascit attack :-x
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I go back to college tommorow. I haven't had any time of work worth mentioning.
  • Options
    work place goes back tomorrow, but is my day off

but im going in to do extra hours cause i havnt worked a full week for ages cause of bank holidays and xmas etc
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to it! Only because it's my first day of training for my new job.

Back to uni the week after...
  • Options
    I'm back to work tomorrow... which is good. Because I'm skint and so I've just been sat on my arse at home - its getting a bit boring now! It'll be good to see my pals again too. Payday on Thursday though, wahey! :D

Edited because of my pooey spelling...
  • Options
    I worked during christmas and new year, and I also worked yesterday. So I guess I've already 'been back'.

Not back to Uni for a few weeks yet though.
  • Options
    I've been back since ruddy well the 27th. :|

Gayyyyness.
  • Options
    yup yup drama first thing - the room is horrible - terrible lighting and full of mirrors.

stupid stupid have to be there til 4.30 :(
  • Options
    I go back to college tomorrow. Luckily, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my half days, so I finish at 12.20 tomorrow. Unluckily, the day starts with double history, and I've got a thousand words of essay to write before then.

I've been at work all over Christmas. And I'm working a six-day week this week. Unimpressed. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    I've been at work all over Christmas. And I'm working a six-day week this week. Unimpressed. :|

Your bank balance won't be. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Your bank balance won't be. :D

neither will mine, as i'll be paid for 3 bank holidays and 2 half days i didn't work. gotta love christmas.

:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Unluckily, the day starts with double history, and I've got a thousand words of essay to write before then.

Like you had no time. :|

I have exams. Yeay me.
  • Options
    Thank god my hubbys back at work tomorrow, he's doing my head in. Then roll on Thursday and the kids are back at school :hyper:
  • Options
    I am boo hoo :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I've been back since ruddy well the 27th. :|

Gayyyyness.
    thats even worse than me, I went back on the 29th, which was pretty damn good for where I work.
    CHristmas day was the only day it was shut.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    thats even worse than me, I went back on the 29th, which was pretty damn good for where I work.
    CHristmas day was the only day it was shut.

Our bitch of a General Manager opened on New Years Day for the frist time ever just so she got a pat on the back from Regional Office.

Been fucking busy this last week, we had 400 in today for a Monday afternoon :eek:
  • Options
    I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my job in Edinburgh. I haven't spent much since I've been home, bar that on christmas presents, but I need to get back to earning some serious cash!
  • Options
    Just to add, as I got excited as I learned I'll be making 60 quid tomorrow. SQUEE! I don't mind these bank holidays, btw. :razz:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Our bitch of a General Manager opened on New Years Day for the frist time ever just so she got a pat on the back from Regional Office.

Been fucking busy this last week, we had 400 in today for a Monday afternoon :eek:
    we opened new years day too, but we did last year too. I wasnt working it though, I worked NYE unfortunately.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Just to add, as I got excited as I learned I'll be making 60 quid tomorrow. SQUEE! I don't mind these bank holidays, btw. :razz:
    I just did 6 hours overtime today - double time and a half :D
    Ill get £76 instead of the usual £20ish id usually get for an evenings work.
  • Options
    I just did 6 hours overtime today - double time and a half :D
    Ill get £76 instead of the usual £20ish id usually get for an evenings work.

That's alright! I'll be working 8.4 hours tomorrow - minus breaks - and I'll get £61 something.

Time and a half! Woot. Think I got £35 for today for like, 4 and a half hours. Yeeha.

I love public holidays. :D
  • Options
    I think its only in scotland that its a holiday tommorow too.
  • Options
    I think its only in scotland that its a holiday tommorow too.

I know! So not materialistic me. Moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney:hyper: