Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Moving GIF

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
It must be common knowledge, but how can I turn a series of images into a moving GIF file? Preferably with a freeware or shareware program...

Comments

• Options
    Thanks not_an_angel, I'll try that once I get home.

But no one else??? Come on, several of you have moving GIFs as avatars. How did you make them?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the gimp is freeware and an be used to make animated gifs. I've not done it myself, but it's a powerful program, and there's lots of tutorials available :)

ooh, I did use it to resize my current av though, that worked out ok ;)

flower-banner.gif
  • Options
    How on earth do you download tha tgimp software im immensly confused, is it all seperate files and you download then all then they somehow work together? SOmeone care to explain please? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    How on earth do you download tha tgimp software im immensly confused, is it all seperate files and you download then all then they somehow work together? SOmeone care to explain please? :crazyeyes

do they appear in .rar or .zip?
  • Options
    on the gimp.org website, on the left click downloads, then look at the "Binaries for various platforms"

then read "You can however download executable versions from the following sites:"

and grab the files from here ;)
    (or the other mirror, doesnt really matter)

you need to install GTK+ 2 first! then the gimp.

you will also want to download and install the help and animation components also found at that link I've given.

you are right though, if you have a c compiler on your pc you could compile the source code yourself :eek2:

tis a rather complex program, I dont really know how it works, but there are plenty of tutorials for it like i said :thumb:
  • Options
    I like macromedia fireworks, but you have to pay for that, or borrow it off a friend...
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I Like Jasc Animation Shop, but to use it would mean that I would have to nick the CD from college. =\
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I like macromedia fireworks, but you have to pay for that, or borrow it off a friend...

A friend lent me it ;)
    Replicant

That just sounds way to compolicated lol i downloaded 2 files last night which i thought were the right ones but after reading what you've said i doubt they are now. I'll leave that lol.
  • Options
    Download adobe image ready or jasc animation shop from their respective websites as 30day free trials.
  • Options
    I use Jasc Animation Shop too. It comes with Paintshop Pro. You can get PSP7 off eBay for about £12. Don't bother getting PSP8 because it takes up 10x the disk space for what seems very little to justisfy that extra space.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Replicant
    the gimp
    Argh, I have this on Linux... Can't believe I didn't think of using it. Thanks anyway...
  • Options
    Microsoft GIF animator is a nice little program and completely free.
  • Options
    artful gif animator. you can probably find it on download.com
  • Options
    I use Adobe ImageReady 7.0:)

If you want a gif avi made from several single images then give me a shout via pm.