Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

no more diy electrical work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4133859.stm

nanny state, if someone wants to do it themselves witohut paying the top for an electrician they should be allowed to risk it

how are they gonna check?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i can see their reasoning behind it. A lot of people just dont realise how dangerous it actually is working with electricity. Electrics isnt something people should scrimp on.
    I agree, but it's all about Darwinism and evolution.
    I'm sure you agree that there are far too many idiots in this world, with fewer and fewer ways for them to become extinct.
    If they want to be tight and do their own electrics and remove themselves from the genepool, then let them.
    Those that are left will pay to get a trained sparky to do it. Same goes for mechanics :D
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    I agree, but it's all about Darwinism and evolution.
    I'm sure you agree that there are far too many idiots in this world, with fewer and fewer ways for them to become extinct.
    If they want to be tight and do their own electrics and remove themselves from the genepool, then let them.
    Those that are left will pay to get a trained sparky to do it. Same goes for mechanics :D
    Lol, well I guess you could look at it that way. Im not sure the government likes endorsing ways to get rid of people who make stupid mistakes like that though. Its not really what its all about is it?
    The REALLY stupid ones will still do it anyway. Its one of those things which the law will only apply if something goes wrong I think.