Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shiver My Timbers!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
NEW YEAR'S EVE TOMORROW.

How scary is that? A WHOLE year's gone. And I've nothing much to show for it, really.

But anyhoo. I shall live it up in O'Neills tomorrow from 7pm onward. Yee-hee!

What're you lot up to?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pub then party
    I know, a whole year and it dosen't seem like it at all.

Few drinks, a club and a party afterwards, should be a good old night. :D
    my year: i have lived in manchester, leeds and france. ive had several failed relationships and made lots of new friends.
    ive also had far too many drunken nights/mistakes!

i think its been a pretty eventful year :p
    Well i may be going to a friends for a few drinks and taking our becky. Wont be going to the pub cos getting a sitter on New Years Eve is almost impossible :(
    Staying at home with the familia...

It seems quite long for me, but then it's been a really eventful (ha!) year for me so *shrugs*
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Probably at home, as always. The only difference will probably be that my brother's here too.
    Got tickets for this.

Fo shizzle ma nizzle!
    I dont have anything to show for 2004 either, i have slightly less too. Who knows what next year holds
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    getting a sitter on New Years Eve is almost impossible :(

I'm babysitting, bring your little nipper round!

:p
    i was toying with the idea of going to a party at my brother's house with the rest of my family, but he's not exactly in my good books atm, and i just know he'll be a twat all night.

tbh, i'm not that fussed by new years eve. i'm ill anyway, so will probably chill out with mr. k watching shit tv all night and suffering numerous phone calls from my increasingly shitfaced family.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    tbh, i'm not that fussed by new years eve.

nor me, i just look at it as another night though more expensive and packed! i'd rather just go out with my mates when i can actually have a dance and not be like a sardine (:
    I have to admit i probably will be online around midnight due to having nothing else to do....

I am pondering phoing the sister and her b/f and asking if they want to join me as my dad is going up town to celebrate with his friend.. so its just me
    From tomorrow at noon I will be at my friends place helping arranging a girls-only dinner, and at the same time setting up the completely empty apartment which my dad has lend us to party in with the guys later on.
    It's gonna kick-ass!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I shall have a few drinks at home then sleep at 12.01 as I'm up at 5 for work.
    I am going getting drunk in the Co-op first (haha weird as it might seem, my friends working there til 8.30pm and her supervisor is cool and trendy and is letting me get pissed in the back with them).

Then I am off out around Bolton...very exciting mann. Can't afford a club so we're having a party back at my friends house <3

I always think New Years is never as good as you think it'll be.
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    I always think New Years is never as good as you think it'll be.

I agree, it's 6 hours in the pub to say "Happy New Year's" for about 20 minutes at most, then that's it. :|
    I'm not sure, I'll most likely be with my boyfriend whatever we decide to do, like last year :)
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    From tomorrow at noon I will be at my friends place helping arranging a girls-only dinner, and at the same time setting up the completely empty apartment which my dad has lend us to party in with the guys later on.
    It's gonna kick-ass!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

do people still have to bring their own furniture? ;p