Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Repiercing Ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had two piercings in the top of my ear, but on christmas day the lower one (which has always been a bit loose) came undone and I lost the fastener for it.

Since then I've just been wearing it without the fastener because I left my other earrings in Edinburgh and Belfast has a shocking selection of earrings. But when I woke up yesterday morning the ring had nearly come out and I basically had to push it back through some cartilidge that had healed over night!

The same thing happened again this morning and I can't face pushing it back through every day so I've just taken it out to let the hole heal over.

So my question is can I get the same area pierced again after it's been pierced before? I don't like having just one ring.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Repiercing Ear
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter

So my question is can I get the same area pierced again after it's been pierced before? I don't like having just one ring.

I've had mine done twice but i left it several months until it totally healed over.
  • Options
    i wouldn't advise you to do it yourself, but i have done almost all my own piercings bar my scaffold and my cartlege on the other side, so that just leaves my nose and 2 in each ear lobe (2 in each which have healed up). go to a good piercist and ask them. don't specuate with things like piercings because they can get really nasty infections...
  • Options
    Nah, it's fine to re-pierce hun, I'd just wait a couple of months for the scar tissue to form, and then go about getting it re-pierced.

I had my cartilage re-pierced a while back, and pierced it slightly away from the original site, but in the same place. So if you're worried about piercing over scar tissue, then you could always ask your piercer to adjust the placement of the re-piercing :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, yeh I'm gonna wait a couple of months and get it done again like you say. Bit of a shame I have to go through the hassle again because they were all nice and healed at christmas, but such is life. Thanks again! :)