Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Start up error

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
I get the following message when I turn on my computer from time to time;
The file IPHLPAPI.DLL cannot start, check the file to determine fault

How am I supposed to check it If its a DLL? I dont esspecially want to corrupt my system files... again ;p

Comments

• Options
    WinME :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I have a random sounding error like that, regarding missing files, or DLL files, then I usually put that file name into Google, and see what comes up. Quite often you find someone whose had the same problem with the same file, and if you're lucky you may find a solution.

For example, the other day my Dad's new PC started giving a DLL error message. I didn't recognise it, so Googled for it. Found someone else had a similar problem. It was due to installing scanner drivers, then not connecting the scanner so that the computer could finish the installation. I'd been putting the drivers in the day before so that I could use my scanners on his computer if I wished, but didn't have the scanner with me, so hadn't connected it. So I just uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, and no error. So, as you can see from my experiences, do a Google search first!
  • Options
    It says that my ISP's (AOL) latest version causes a fault in this DLL, but im not using the latest version so Im not sure exactly what it could be =\
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It looks to be a networking file, you can download it only but I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    It looks to be a networking file, you can download it only but I wouldn't recommend it.

It doesnt seem to be causeing any major faults in my system so I guess it'll just have to stay as is.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infact, you don't exactly seem too pissed here either.
    All the interesting people are missing in heaven.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mipada
    Infact, you don't exactly seem too pissed here either.

30-12-2004 05:51 PM <-- before I went out.

NUB=YUO ;<