Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dying my hair blue(ish) lol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm tempted to dye my hair black (with a blue tint) and maybe some blue highlights. Like Seth Green has his sometimes (couldnt find the colour but this is the sort of style I want to have)

seth2.jpg

But I just wanted some opinions (I know you don't really give a toss but humour me, lol) as to wether it'd work or not, if my hairs even long enough...or wether it would just look gay (for want of a better word).

But thanks if you can help me, lol.

This is me at the moment...

Comments

• Options
    Should be ok. Good luck finding a blue/black dye, tho, that's what I was after and couldn't find one.
  • Options
    yeah, i think it'd work. you'd look kind of muse-y indie kid-y, if that's the look you're going for.

i personally think everyone should have crazy coloured hair at one point in their life, but that's just me :)
  • Options
    I think that black with blue highlights is fine :D

My neighbour did that... with professionals, so...

good luck :D
  • Options
    i used to have blue-black hair and i used the 100% Colour stuff...it was really good, and the colour lasted, I just couldnt be bothered with the roots all the time :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by draven
    i used to have blue-black hair and i used the 100% Colour stuff...it was really good, and the colour lasted, I just couldnt be bothered with the roots all the time :)
    I finally found the 100% Colour dye I've been after (incidentally, Blue-Black is 210 if that helps, Songbird) in Wycombe of all places when no where in London had it... That's just perverse!
  • Options
    I got blue/black dye in my local superdrug store. You can get it in a good chemist or boots as well. Have a look around.

Its pretty good stuff, i dyed mine black/blue before and it looked so cool in a certain light when you could really see the blue coming through.

Soom i wanna dye my hair black but get bright blue tips or stripes or something. Make my hair look radical kinda thing!
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what I wanted to do as well rudeWBoy. Thanks everyone for your replies :) I couldn't find any permanent blue highlights and couldn't be arsed to keep reapplying it every day. But I dyed my hair black/blue yesterday and it hasn't turned out too badly. Looks a bit odd at the moment with no gel to stick it up as it kind of looks like a wig, lol. But I'll see what I can do to it tonight.
  • Options
    Is it just me or do Songbird and Seth Green not look all that different to one another? :confused:
  • Options
    You will get used to the hair songbird and eventually you will love it, my dye has grown out now but i really do miss it. Thats why im off to get some more soon :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I finally found the 100% Colour dye I've been after (incidentally, Blue-Black is 210 if that helps, Songbird) in Wycombe of all places when no where in London had it... That's just perverse!

Cool! Its good stuff, I reckon, and I would definately use it again. I seem to remember it smelled rather nice too :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been using their black dye and it's fab, I just couldn't get the one with blue in it.
  • Options
    When I dyed the underneath of my hair blue black I used Nicky Clarke - Liqourice and it was fab. I got it from boots.

I found this pic of Seth Green with blue/black hair (took me ages to find mind you!) Is this wat you mean?
  • Options
    Here is another pic of Seth Green I found for you!! Not as good as the last one though!
  • Options
    lol, yes, that's exactly what I was talking about, his Austin Powers 2 look. I had a quick scour on the net and couldnt find it. Sorry you had to spend ages finding it!

Just worried about going back to uni and seeing everyones reactions, might just wear a hat for the first 2 weeks and gradually let it out, lol.
  • Options
    i have blue-black hair again at the moment, i find i keep coming back to it, if only to give it a rest from all the bleach and normal blue dye. Garnier 100% colour in blue-black is the best one i've found to use and you can get it in most larger boots and superdrugs. As for the blue dye, you will have to bleach bits to make it take. B blonde is the best home bleach i've tried while Directions is the best blue dye i have found, whatever shade you want, but wear gloves (you can get surgical ones from most pharmacies), open windows and use a tint brush, and vaseline the skin around your hairline. it does stain. you have been warned!!!

Failing that go to the hairdressers.

b blonde

Directions

Susie :)
  • Options
    *sniffles* I'm suffering from hair dye withdrawral symptoms now, boring stupid brown hair