Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

healing foods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my dad has had cold/flu like symptoms for the past 2/3 weeks. muzzy headed, shakey, temperature etc etc.
his docotr is like 100% hopeless, does anyone know of any instnat remedies/healing foods thst may help recovery? Ive heard ginger is good but how do i mix that in with other foods? he's like the most pickiest of people!!!

thanks for any replies

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Chicken/chicken soup is legendary for a reason - light, full of protein, easy to digest etc. Just make sure that the soup has some real chicken in it to get the benefit :p
    even better ...boil the carcass/bones of a chicken for quite a while.
    bring to boil cover with lid and simmer for about an hour ...then drain off the liquid chuck the bones and bits ...then make a chicken soup using the liquid.
    \
    can't remember the names of the substances now but chicken bones contain something that has amazing properties that fight flu/colds.
  • Options
    meluka honey, but it's amazingly exspecive.

currys are good.

so is honey and lemon drinks.

have you tryed some lemsip stuff....because i find that stuff really knocks it on the head (the extra strong stuff) i always carry it around with me when i'm in england, cos i'm always traveling loads and i always get a cold.....:(

ginger like you said is good....

keep off dairy products...

thats all i can think of...
  • Options
    Get some high dose vitamin C capsules - anything over 120mg.

Any strong, spicy foods like HOT curries, - like Twisted Trinity said - would help too.

Other than that try whiskey.

But, stay away from fried foods and smoking.