Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how much...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any idea how much weight i can lose in 3 weeks?

and i'm willing to exercise like crazy....

Comments

• Options
    Re: how much...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    any idea how much weight i can lose in 3 weeks?

and i'm willing to exercise like crazy....

Sensibly? 3 - 6lbs. Anymore than that and something's amiss, not enough nutrition, and you end up piling it back on, and more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I lost a stone in 1-2 weeks..

then another half a stone.. so a stone and a half in 3 weeks is doable but I wouldn't advise it

sensibley like hunnypot said 6 pounds :yes: you're only meant to lose 2 pounds a week.. not 2 pound a day :o

6 pounds is how many kilos?

and would it make a difference i.e. visualy?
  • Options
    If you want it to make a visual difference, its not just exercise and eating sensibly that will matter, it's toning in the right areas.

Where specifically are you worried about the weight? for example, if it's your stomach, situps and crunches should be a main part of the exercise routine.

TBH, most people don't need to lose weight, but just tone up.

And once you turn fat into muscle, you'll automatically weigh more, as muscle is heavier than fat!
  • Options
    i don't know, i just feel fat, and all the memories of getting bullied as a little kid because i wasn't a average size are flooding back.....
  • Options
    your best bet is, while losing weight sensibly, to hold yourself really tall and avoid starchy foods that might make you bloat. this'll make you look slimmer, even if you're not actually losing a vast amount of weight. dressing cleverly can help too.

if you lose too much weight too quickly, bad things can happen. you can REALLY balls up your body. take it from me.
  • Options
    i really wouldn't recommend losing lots of weight quickly, i did one time and it messed up my periods and my immune system went crazzy and i got really ill.

why not try changing your wardrobe to clothes that flatter the bits of your body that you're really comfortable with?