Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For 2005

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(and why not start now)

can we try to be a bit more civilised towards each other...

in the words of LadyJade:
There is a disturbing trend on the politics board of late, and it is becoming increasingly problematic. This board is here to give everyone a forum to express their views and debate them in an evidenced based & intelligent manner.

This forum only works if views are respected – you don’t have to agree with what is being said, but we strongly request that you respect other peoples right to an opinion. If you find that someone is expressing a point of view you disagree with, or in a manner you find obnoxious, you have several options -

Try to engage in an intelligent debate and challenge the person to substantiate their opinion

• Ignore them;
• Leave the thread;
• Report the post.

If the type of ‘debate’ we have been witnessing of late – vitriolic and degenerating into personal attack and mud-slinging – continues, we will be forced to start closing topics and warming up our toasters. If you don’t care for the topic being debated, don’t engage. If you are playing devil’s advocate, back your comments up with evidence.

Respect others' right to an opinion or you will be asked to leave the forum. We are here to debate ideas not attack characters.

Please play nice, so everyone can have fun.

I particularly support the notion that we

Try to engage in an intelligent debate

Comments

• Options
    Here here!
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    Re: For 2005
    Originally posted by hobbs
    I particularly support the notion that we

Try to engage in an intelligent debate

As I have said before, that requires the important ingredient of "intelligence".

So let's stick with illinformed debate. At least it's realistic... :p
  • Options
    It would be nice if moderator Mazza would heed LadyJade's advice. Please Mazza no more ranting afro-centric PMs totally unrelated to anything I've posted. I asked you to explain your problems with my posts so that I can better express my views but you didn't bother to advise me, just sent more rants.
    Good post Hobbs.
  • Options
  • Options
    not a chance!
    come on ...even some pubs try to ban talk of politics and religion cos it's so firey ...thats the nature of the beast so live with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    As Mazza has proven to be impartial and fair, and you have proven to be a bigoted racist, I rather get the feeling that her 'rants' were both justified and relevant.

A sicko called Kermit repeatedly suggested I wanted to 'kill all the Pakis'. I complained to mods that he was being unfair and disgusting, that I'd never posted anything to justify such perverted imaginings, Mazza replied with a totally unrelated rant about Ancient Egyptians being Black and how Blacks had created the foundations of Greek Science. Maybe so. But nothing whatever to do with my posts and no mention of sicko Kermits appalling genocidal fantasies. That's my justification for mentioning Mazza, can Kermit justify his posts? I just want to hear other people's point of view, express mine, debate the differences and find some truth. That's what this board's for. I posted this in another thread
    I think the most important service that boards like this provide is as a safety valve for people who may be having nasty or hateful thoughts, and would hope there'd be people who'll reason with them, and pull them back from the abyss. I think my first post was about the Black and Welsh players playing for England. I might have been wrong in everything I posted on that thread, but the responses wouldn't have helped me if I was. The first few posts, had I been a kid thinking nasty thoughts, might have made my nasty thoughts nastier or provoked the change from nasty thought to nasty action. I think a lot of posters on this site don't consider the influence they may have on the vulnerable, perhaps they don't have to, but I think the mods should.
    The responses of Kermit, Blagsta and Mazza to my posts are against the spirit of LadyJade's words on this matter.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by nckdn
    A sicko called Kermit repeatedly suggested I wanted to 'kill all the Pakis'. I complained to mods that he was being unfair and disgusting, that I'd never posted anything to justify such perverted imaginings, Mazza replied with a totally unrelated rant about Ancient Egyptians being Black and how Blacks had created the foundations of Greek Science. Maybe so. But nothing whatever to do with my posts and no mention of sicko Kermits appalling genocidal fantasies.

If you have a problem its best to use the report link in the post rather than contact individual moderators.

You probably didn't get the answer you wanted because the mod team have far more important things to do than sort out stupid arguments.
  • Options
    JsT you're right about the report link and it being stupid arguments. I did use the report link and wasn't concerned for myself about Kermit's posts. I reported them simply because they were so unpleasant (as well as unjustified), and I think that the board should be about reasonable debate, and because mods should be aware of such posts. I'm not sure Mazza was too busy to deal with it properly, she spent half an hour sending me 4 PMs about Africa and her thoughts on other stuff unrelated to my complaint, or any of my posts! Keep it about the debate is all I say...
  • Options
    So you're not a racist at all then?

Oh, sorry, my mistake :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    So you're not a racist at all then?

Oh, sorry, my mistake :rolleyes:

No I'm not. And I really can't understand why mazza didn't insist you retract your disgusting posts. That reflects badly on her and on the board. I notice you make no attempt to justify them.
  • Options
    people feel their posts were justified by some tendancies expressed in your posts, nothing more and nothing less

im not going to start shouting and swearing, but you think kermits posts are disgusting and unwarranted, i think the same about some of your posts, not the majority of them but some
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    people feel their posts were justified by some tendancies expressed in your posts, nothing more and nothing less

im not going to start shouting and swearing, but you think kermits posts are disgusting and unwarranted, i think the same about some of your posts, not the majority of them but some

Posts in reply to mine should be based on my posts. What's disgusting or unwarranted about any of my posts? I know that I like people so can't imagine I've posted lying filth like Kermit's, or had irrational outbursts like mazza's.
  • Options
    No I'm not. And I really can't understand why mazza didn't insist you retract your disgusting posts. That reflects badly on her and on the board. I notice you make no attempt to justify them.

Justify what, exactly?

At no time did I insist that killing Asian and black people was a credible or justified opinion. I insisted that it was YOUR opinion, and given the points you have raised before I would suggest that mazza agrees that you are racist vermin.

Though for all your whingeing, I would like to point out that mazza has edited the post where I called you a racist cunt.
  • Options
    Justify what, exactly?...I insisted that it was YOUR opinion

OK then, if you insist - please justify your insistence that it was my opinion that a genocide of 'pakis' was appropriate. Here (your only possible justification) are my only posts about Pakistanis at the time you made the genocide libel. You can't argue ignorance as you were part of the discussion, in fact your posts might be considered to show more anti-Pakistani prejudice than mine.
    I ask again, how do you justify suggesting that I want to "kill all the pakis"? I've said this rubbish sprang from your mind, not from my posts, that's correct isn't it? Quote me if I'm wrong, and perhaps apologise if you were.
  • Options
    All the talk of what essentially amounts to "lebensraum" implies what I claimed you were and thought.

It's only libel if it's not true, and someone who claims that black people are not English, and that we are too "overpopulated" because of "immigrants" is not in a position to claim that they are not a racist bigot.

I despair at the situation in places such as Bradford, but I personally believe in the economic theories of social behaviour, similar to what Blagsta has said to you on several occasions. Poverty is the problem not race, and- correct me if I'm wrong on this- you actually said that race was the problem not poverty.
  • Options
    I'm not sure Mazza was too busy to deal with it properly, she spent half an hour sending me 4 PMs about Africa and her thoughts on other stuff unrelated to my complaint, or any of my posts! Keep it about the debate is all I say...

You also should think about what people talk about in PMs should stay in PMs and not brought to the boards.

Mazza obviously talked to you in detail to try and sort out any problem there was.......so all I really wanna say is stop bringing your dirty laundry to the boards. Mazza is fair as regards to how these boards work, she contacted you via pm on as you say 4 occasions, so she is hardly sweeping it under the carpet.

I really think you are being unfair to Mazza !!!
  • Options
    All the talk of what essentially amounts to "lebensraum" implies what I claimed you were and thought.

It's only libel if it's not true, and someone who claims that black people are not English, and that we are too "overpopulated" because of "immigrants" is not in a position to claim that they are not a racist bigot.

I despair at the situation in places such as Bradford, but I personally believe in the economic theories of social behaviour, similar to what Blagsta has said to you on several occasions. Poverty is the problem not race, and- correct me if I'm wrong on this- you actually said that race was the problem not poverty.

No talk of lebensraum or anything similar. Quote me.
    Have said repeatedly Blacks can be English. Generally don't claim to be as I've said and shown.
    Haven't claimed we're overpopulated because of immigration. We're overpopulated already and the ongoing rise in population, tho' negligible is solely due to immigration.
    You're wrong, I haven't said that race is the problem in Bradford. Quote me.

I've posted my views and you choose not to argue with them, but to mould and stretch them into stereotyped views that you're more comfortable arguing against. It's really important that we're accurate in what we claim about each other's posts, so that people's time isn't wasted defending themselves from nonsense charges. Having said that, I was accurate and reasonable in my complaint about your posts and you still can't justify it or apologise.
  • Options
    The Black players were booed because they are not English

Taken in the rest of the conxet of the post (Thread title: "Black players are not English") that sounds very much like you are claiming that black people are not English. You further went on to say that black people have no business playing for the England football team.

No doubt you'll come up with some ham-fisted way of defending this, but now I am bored. Everyone on here can see what a racist you are, so that's all that matters.
  • Options
    If you have a problem with something a moderator has done then feel free to contact Dom or any of us with the problem though we do speak to each other about how problems are dealt with and are more than aware of the content of the private messages you have recieved.
  • Options
    mods are machines they are not capable of making mistakes we shall exterminate ...exterminate ....
  • Options
    master3kv.png
  • Options

Taken in the rest of the conxet of the post (Thread title: "Black players are not English") that sounds very much like you are claiming that black people are not English. You further went on to say that black people have no business playing for the England football team.

No doubt you'll come up with some ham-fisted way of defending this, but now I am bored. Everyone on here can see what a racist you are, so that's all that matters.

Two (I suspect) deliberate misquotes rather proves my point, accuracy is so important. There is no thread titled 'Black players are not English', and I've never said Black people specifically have no business playing for England, only that peoples who don't consider themselves English have no business playing for England. That does include all minority ethnics in England including the Irish , Welsh, and all others who maintain a seperate identity other than English. If they're not English why would they even want to play for England? And if they don't consider themselves English why do the bigots on this board insist that they are?
  • Options
    Two (I suspect) deliberate misquotes rather proves my point, accuracy is so important. There is no thread titled 'Black players are not English', and I've never said Black people specifically have no business playing for England, only that peoples who don't consider themselves English have no business playing for England. That does include all minority ethnics in England including the Irish , Welsh, and all others who maintain a seperate identity other than English. If they're not English why would they even want to play for England? And if they don't consider themselves English why do the bigots on this board insist that they are?
    so how come the boss is a swede ...he is a player after all.
  • Options

I've posted my views and you choose not to argue with them,

Aye so did I, aint it funny you only wanna respond to certain items on the agenda :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Aye so did I, aint it funny you only wanna respond to certain items on the agenda :rolleyes:

I think you're right BeckyBoo, I have been unfair to Mazza, but not for the reasons you've mentioned.
    I should have known better, I've posted about ethnic chauvinism on this board. I said we should challenge it in the White pride BNP type and the bogus Black pride type too. But even though those kinds of feelings should be challenged, they should also be understood. When I drew attention to low Black IQ, I wasn't really being fair when I said that as 'Whites' weren't hurt by East Asians having higher IQs, 'Blacks' shouldn't be feel hurt about having lower IQs. The truth is that chauvinistic Whites can shrug off IQ, because they can take false pride in the unmatched achievements of European (white) Western civilization. The chauvinistic Black cannot shrug off low IQ so easily, as Africa and 'Black' culture offer no such consolation. It was my insensitive comments about IQ which I think prompted Mazza's PMs having nothing to do with my complaints. I actually brought up this issue to show how the BNP gain when we aren't honest about sensitive issues, so I'm not sure that I should necessarily avoid issues like this, just try and be more sensitive.
  • Options
    Mazza has been nothing but fair to me in the past, perhaps if you knew more about her you would appreciate this too.

Oh well.

I give up. My conclusion is that you ARE racist, but that you don't think that you are. That's the most dangerous sort.
  • Options
    Mazza has been nothing but fair to me in the past, perhaps if you knew more about her you would appreciate this too.
    Oh well.
    I give up. My conclusion is that you ARE racist, but that you don't think that you are. That's the most dangerous sort.

Could it be that I don't think I'm racist simply because I judge everybody I meet as an individual, and don't have any barmy ideas about the superiority of the people who happen to look or speak like I do? For the record, I don't find it difficult to like or admire Indians, Africans, Chinese, Jews, the Welsh, or even the French. Same goes for any ethnic, racial, religious, political, national or whatever group. I like 'em all and I'm glad they're here in Britain and I choose to live in a neighbourhood with many of 'em resident, so if I am a 'racist' I'm not a typical one. What's bugged me most about the racist/fascist libel isn't the use of those two words, they have no power since they're so overused, it's the misrepresentation of my opinions and the dragging in of other stuff, not least your 'kill all the pakis' stuff. That was just nasty Kermit. If you met me you wouldn't think I'm dangerous, I'm the campest tart this side of Little Britain.
  • Options
    For the record, I don't find it difficult to like or admire Indians, Africans, Chinese, Jews, the Welsh, or even the French.

:lol: what a compassionate guy you are, you can even find a place in your heart for the french :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    :lol: what a compassionate guy you are, you can even find a place in your heart for the french :rolleyes:

Mais oui! Les francais est acceptable a moi. Pourquoi non? Mais j'insiste les femmes francais est mucho superiure a les hommes. Le soule probleme j'ai encountere avec les francais est le langue. Je suspecte mon francais est non perfecto mais j'attempte pour le cause a fraternite. Parlez vous francais? Por favor correctez moi est ce qu'il y a faire les errors. Je departe a google Laetitia Casta maintenant! Elle est tres bien , non?