Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nothing to live for anymore

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo:
    aha! big mistake! any work experience is still experience. PUT IT DOWN ON YOUR CV! you must have learnt something from it- even if it was that you didnt want to do that job.
    My Work Experience period was actually in a golf club. What I think I learnt was simply how to deal with other people, and following instructions. It's not a job I want to do. That's partly why I chose to go there.
    Pad out your cv. I've already told you that you have hobbies. Create a section entitled Interests. Mention the internet. Mention dogwalking. do you ahve an interest in learning languages? mention that.
    Dogwalking is a hobby? How odd, never heard anyone say that before. As for learning languages, I used to learn French at school. I loved learning it at first, but because I had an utterly crap teacher, I completely lost interest. How I managed to get grade C in it for GCSE still bafles me to this day.
    Another section is skills. do you know your typing speed? i'm not sure if there's a site online that can measure it for you. You're computer literate. say that you're familiar with Microsoft OS, Office for Windows XP(?) etc etc.
    My typing skills are when using this website by and large very fast. I don't know exactly how quick I am when typing but many people at school when they saw me type went "how the bloody hell can you type so quickly?". I can use Windows XP pretty well, my skills on Office are a bit rusty, but for things like Word and Publisher, they're (though I say so myself) pretty damn good! :D
  • Options
    i've not read all of this thing.
    shit things happen so try and turn the shit into something positive ...this does not make sense to me. shit is shit whatever form it comes in ...shit you deal with ...dispose of ...not try and make it look pretty.
    it will still be shit.
    yes accept that shit happens in this long experience called life.
    lots of shit ...it never stops coming at you in some form or other ...those of you who want to tie ribbons round your shit and paint smiley faces on it are not going to be dealing with the stuff and disposing of it. your life is going to be full of decorated shit.

the fact that the shit happened ...side step it.
    the shit may well have happened for a reason ...shit usualy comes around regular ...
    it may well cause you to take a detour ...
    it may well cause you to hold your breath ...
    it may well make you feel like throwing up ...
    so ...clean it up. how?
    i don't know how you clean your yard.
    but ...clean it regular it will smell sweeter and be easier to do.
    learn patience.
    a wanting to die thread cos theres shit in your life suggests to me that the lady was right.
    she don't want unessesary shit in her yard ...she wants to take precautions from recieving any more shit ...
    she sounds inteligent caring and like someone who is doing things at the right pace.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    My Work Experience period was actually in a golf club. What I think I learnt was simply how to deal with other people, and following instructions. It's not a job I want to do. That's partly why I chose to go there. Dogwalking is a hobby? How odd, never heard anyone say that before. As for learning languages, I used to learn French at school. I loved learning it at first, but because I had an utterly crap teacher, I completely lost interest. How I managed to get grade C in it for GCSE still bafles me to this day. My typing skills are when using this website by and large very fast. I don't know exactly how quick I am when typing but many people at school when they saw me type went "how the bloody hell can you type so quickly?". I can use Windows XP pretty well, my skills on Office are a bit rusty, but for things like Word and Publisher, they're (though I say so myself) pretty damn good! :D

Right, then what you do with the Work Experience thing is put down the basic details of where you worked, then underneath in bullet points explain rough duties, then say that you developped your interactive customer skills and teamworking skills.

yes, something you do regularily and enjoy can count as a hobby. put it down under interests. the languages thing i picked up from ur portugese thread. whatever interests you, put it down.

right, well let's see if we can find something to measure your typing skills online so that you can actually give them a figure. play up on your computer skills. say for example that you have a basic understanding of all office programs and advanced use of X Y Z.

i want this typed up and pmd to me ty! you can star out personal details.
  • Options
    My Work Experience period was actually in a golf club. What I think I learnt was simply how to deal with other people, and following instructions.

Ability to follow instructions, initiative, customer service skills.

It's not what you did, it's how you bullshit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Ability to follow instructions, initiative, customer service skills.
    It's not what you did, it's how you bullshit.
    Are you saying I just have to dress this up? And for the record, I didn't do anything with customers.
  • Options
    YES YOU HAVE TO DRESS IT UP.

Fine, replace Customer with Teamworking then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    YES YOU HAVE TO DRESS IT UP.
    Fine, replace Customer with Teamworking then.
    So you're saying I have to write a load of absolute rubbish just so that employers can throw it straight in the bin after laughing at it.
  • Options
    Get real, it's not bullshit, noone will laugh.

Dressing things up is just putting the basics- the truth!- in fancy language that impresses people.
  • Options
    Get real, it's not bullshit, noone will laugh.
    I don't know why I think there is no hope whatsoever for me for getting a job, I just always have thought that.

EDIT: I've just started crying as you said that. I don't know why for sure, fear maybe. :crying:
  • Options
    In a CV you don't call a spade a spade, you call it a modern efficient digging implement.

It's the first rule of writing a CV: you big up every little achievement. They ask for skills in a job, you mould what you know and what you have done to fit in with their specification. It's hard at first, but it's what you have to do.

PM me your email address and I'll send you mine to have a laugh, sorry, look, at.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    PM me your email address and I'll send you mine to have a laugh, sorry, look, at.

I already sent him mine :p And the old version even...come on dude, I put my fucking TUTOR down as a reference!!

You saw mine, Danny. Most of that is pure bollocks. Particularly the "Hobbies/Interests" bit...just put down what you enjoy, they won't laugh, they've seen it all before remember!

And, remember what I said to you yesterday...about the voices :p
  • Options
    i superimposed his info onto my cv as well, n gave him pointers to add in more stuff. He doesn't see what kermit's saying about fancy writing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*:
    And the old version even...come on dude, I put my fucking TUTOR down as a reference! You saw mine, Danny. Most of that is pure bollocks. Particularly the "Hobbies/Interests" bit...just put down what you enjoy, they won't laugh, they've seen it all before remember! And, remember what I said to you yesterday...about the voices.
    Actually, my English Literature tutor is one of my references. I was meant to go to a past employer, but I can't as none exists. Hobbies & Interests: I don't know what they are. I don't even think I have any.

As for the voices, they're getting worse and worse.
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo:
    i superimposed his info onto my cv as well, n gave him pointers to add in more stuff. He doesn't see what kermit's saying about fancy writing.
    It just seems like writing a load of utter nonsense to me. And I don't even know if any employer will want to read it. I have this awful vision, as the voices told me, that an employer will look at my CV, laugh at it and throw it in the bin straight away. :(
  • Options
    this has all been covered in the last few pages of this thread. we cannot say anything different to help you with your cv, that revelation now has to come from yourself. there's only a certain point that we can help you to.
  • Options
    this has all been covered in the last few pages of this thread. we cannot say anything different to help you with your cv, that revelation now has to come from yourself. there's only a certain point that we can help you to.
    OK, I'll finish compiling all those details and then find some places I can send them off to. If they're interested, what happens? Presumably they don't hire me straight away, but get in touch and ask for an interview or something like that? I'm sorry, I don't know a thing about how it works.
  • Options
    Yes, most likely an interview process. sometimes this can be over the phone. otherwise, if you are worried about the interview perhaps you could practise with your counsellor?

have you tried the number kaffrin (or was it GWST?) put up for you, career wales?
  • Options
    Yes, most likely an interview process. sometimes this can be over the phone. otherwise, if you are worried about the interview perhaps you could practise with your counsellor? have you tried the number kaffrin (or was it GWST?) put up for you, career wales?
    LadyJade gave the info. The site was dreadful. It was of no use whatsoever. The information for 19+ years was terrible. As for a counsellor, I can't do that with this one. My current type of counselling does not involve giving out advice.
  • Options
    how about finding a telephone number? mutable people can be more useful than a fixed site!
  • Options
    how about finding a telephone number? mutable people can be more useful than a fixed site!
    A phone number for what exactly?
  • Options
    how can a person be so incapabable?
    this is the 21st century ...you have been to school.
    you must have had some kind of reactive behaviour with reality ...please tell me you have star!
    you must have some tools in your box surely?
    along the way we pick up tools yeah ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    how can a person be so incapable?
    this is the 21st century ...you have been to school. you must have had some kind of reactive behaviour with reality ...please tell me you have star! you must have some tools in your box surely?along the way we pick up tools yeah ...
    I don't know what you mean. I'm barely in touch with reality. I'd like to apply for university for instance but I can't do it as I don't have a credit card or a cheque account. I don't know why I'm so incapable, Rolly.
  • Options
    I don't know what you mean. I'm barely in touch with reality. I'd like to apply for university for instance but I can't do it as I don't have a credit card or a cheque account. I don't know why I'm so incapable, Rolly.
    we are all capabable i hopes.
    what is stopping you from seeing?
    what is stopping you from touching and tasting the world?
    your the only one who knows ...
  • Options
    we are all capable i hopes. what is stopping you from seeing?
    what is stopping you from touching and tasting the world? your the only one who knows...
    What's stopping me is me. I shake with fear even thinking about things like getting a job. What the hell's wrong with me? I used to be quite a bright guy, I used to get a lot of fun out of life. Where did I go wrong? When did I turn from a guy who loved life into one who can't do anything? :confused:
  • Options
    one who can't do anything? :confused:
    you seem to be suffocating ...
  • Options
    you seem to be suffocating...
    I don't understand. I don't even know who I am anymore. I've tried to put a little CV together tonight that I can maybe send out to a few firms who might (with a massive amount of luck) hire me. But I don't hold out much hope on it.
  • Options
    you seem very isolated ...
  • Options
    what is it you fear?
  • Options
    you seem very isolated...
    I agree. I don't have any "real" friends, i.e. people I can go out of the house and meet up with. I barely talk to anyone these days without the Internet. I think I might be losing the plot.
  • Options
    what is it you fear?
    Reality? Life itself? I'm not certain.
  • Options
    and the only person in the world with the answers is you ...you know why this is the case ...
    what are you afraid of?