Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nothing to live for anymore

That's it, I've had enough. I can't do this anymore. For months now, I've been looking forward to meeting someone off the Internet. It was going to happen later this week, but now she's cancelled. There are a few reasons: thinks we're both in too vulnerable a state right now, and that she's scared things will go wrong. I'm devastated. I've been looking forward to this for so long now, and it's not going to happen in the end. I want to die. There's no point carrying on if nothing's ever going to happen.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No you don't, and really you think there is. Otherwise you wouldn't organise to meet people.

How many times have we been here now? Sort it out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    No you don't, and really you think there is. Otherwise you wouldn't organise to meet people.
    I don't understand.
  • Options
    You were taking the right steps forward, you were doing stuff beneficial for you and it never comes easy and it sucks. I'm really sorry Danny, I know how much you were looking forward to this and how much it meant to you. But you can't let this be the be all end all of everything - you've come so far, with her help but you've also done things for yourself - don't just give up :(

Malt xx
  • Options
    You don't want to die; if you did you wouldn't arrange to meet people, and you'd go off and do it properly.

You don't think there's no hope; if you thought it was hopeless, you wouldn't get excited about meeting someone. You wouldn't even arrange to do it if you thought life was that hopeless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You don't want to die; if you did you wouldn't arrange to meet people, and you'd go off and do it properly. You don't think there's no hope; if you thought it was hopeless, you wouldn't get excited about meeting someone. You wouldn't even arrange to do it if you thought life was that hopeless.
    Thanks for explaining. I'm sorry, Kermit. I admit I don't really feel like that, I'm just really disappointed that the meet won't be going ahead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    You were taking the right steps forward, you were doing stuff beneficial for you and it never comes easy and it sucks. I'm really sorry Danny, I know how much you were looking forward to this and how much it meant to you. But you can't let this be the be all end all of everything - you've come so far, with her help but you've also done things for yourself - don't just give up :(
    Thanks, Malt Monk. If you want to talk to me on PM, please do, but please empty your mailbox first. (It was full when I tried to contact you earlier)
  • Options
    See her cancelling on you as a positive thing & try & see it as a boost to arrange a meeting with someone else:)

Always remember there is always an upside from a downer.
  • Options
    It's not that random Rach :D The person he was gonna meet has supported him for months through a lot of tough cookie times. They were so keen to meet and now it's fallen through. I can imagine myself being incredibly dissapointed, specially if this person had just been there so much for me and I would just simply want to say thank you face to face as a small token of appreciation.

Malt xxx :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by malteser monkay
    I can imagine myself being incredibly dissapointed, specially if this person had just been there so much for me and I would just simply want to say thank you face to face as a small token of appreciation.
    That is exactly what I wanted to do. And now, I can't do it. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    That is exactly what I wanted to do. And now, I can't do it. :(

You cant do it right now but look to the future, keep getting to know each other and helping one anotehr online and maybe some time in the future you will meet this person SG.

Your like me in a way you seem to keep looking at the downside to everything, when you shouldnt. You gotta start looking up.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Kermit. I admit I don't really feel like that, I'm just really disappointed that the meet won't be going ahead.

Yes.

Shit happens. Making overblown statements to get sympathy, however warranted the sympathy is, doesn't help anyone. Least of all yourself.
  • Options
    OK, I've been talking to Mazza about this and other stuff, and it's proving very interesting.
  • Options
    OK, just a message to say thank you to all those who contributed in this thread. Special thanks go to Mazza, who talked to me tonight, helped me get some issues into perspective. :)
  • Options
    a surtain person from the board has really helped me see that i really needed to become stable before going to see him. you can start setting exspectations and alsorts only for you to become very disapointed afterwards. you have to love yourself snd love your surroundings before you can let new people into your life to love....even if it's just friends.

sorry if this doesn't make a whole load of sense, i was trying to apply it to your situation.

stay happy. and remember you always have something to live for, even if it is just life it's self.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    stay happy. and remember you always have something to live for, even if it is just life it's self.
    I'm afraid I can't see that.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I can't see that.

ok, look at it this way. life is a fight, and in order to win it you have to struggle on. ok, yeah there are totaly shit bits but you have to choice to turn them around. no one else can make it better for you. they can help yes, but they can't make it better for you. you have to do that yourself. and that is your current fight.
  • Options
    you have to do that yourself. and that is your current fight.
    If it's a fight, I don't seem to be doing well at the moment. :(
  • Options
    If it's a fight, I don't seem to be doing well at the moment. :(

we all faulter at times we aren't perfect thats the beauty of humans.

just thank yourself that you have people looking out for you. last year it felt like i had no one and i ended up doing something that almost killed me.

people do care and will always. you have to live for yourself and not anyone else, because then your life effectivly becomes someone elses. thus you have to love yourself before others. you have to be a bit selfish in order to survive.

*hugs* i no it's horrible when you can't see an end to the dark parts of life. i know it all to well.
  • Options
    *hugs* i no it's horrible when you can't see an end to the dark parts of life. i know it all to well.
    Thanks... **hugs for you as well**
  • Options
    Thanks... **hugs for you as well**

if you let it get better it will. but you have to be positive. there is no way of getting better if you arn't.

:)
  • Options
    Why don't you get a new job? There'll be loads of adverts on websites/papers saying "New year, new career".

Good points about this are:

- You'll meet new people.
    - You'll build your social skills.
    - You'll have a routine in the day.
    - You'll make your own money.
    - You'll have independence from making money.
    - You'll prove to yourself you can have a stable lifestyle.
    - You'll be a hundred times more confident a few months down the line.

Even if it's working in Asda, don't knock it. You NEED to get a job, mate. It'll be a start of something new.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983:
    Why don't you get a new job? There'll be loads of adverts on websites/papers saying "New year, new career"... Even if it's working in Asda, don't knock it. You NEED to get a job, mate. It'll be a start of something new.
    Getting a job is something I'm gonna have to do, though I'm not enthusiastic about it at all. As for Asda, I wouldn't be working there as there isn't one in the area.
  • Options
    Getting a job is something I'm gonna have to do, though I'm not enthusiastic about it at all. As for Asda, I wouldn't be working there as there isn't one in the area.

It was an example of working somewhere as pants as that. Just..anywhere. You need to get the ball rolling, you were going on about getting a job about 4 months ago, when you joined.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    You need to get the ball rolling, you were going on about getting a job [just over three] months ago, when you joined.
    Yes. And I'm still talking about it now. Back then, I thought I honestly could never do it. And there's still a side of me which believes that now. But for my sake, and everyone else's, I'm gonna have to sort this.
  • Options
    Live for friends; for long conversations about pain; for sitting up all night long; for the glaring sunlight on the wooden table top in the morning; for weird French films in which nothing appears to happen - but the light is beautiful and autumn stunning; for poetry; for love; for tearful hugs; for the grief-stricken glory of life.
  • Options
    Duno if this will work, but here's an idea sprung from when you said that you can't see how life itself is worth living for.

There has got to be one place on this earth that you've been to, that makes you go Wow just at the beauty of it. You live in North Wales, lots of countryside around there, there has to be somewhere. That's what there is to live for.

When you go there, whatever the weather, the Nature of it is beautiful. Sit and watch the foxes, the voles, the squirrels, the birds as they go by. It refreshes your soul, and it is beautiful.
  • Options
    Im sorry it didnt work out the way you planned stargalaxy.
    i understand how let down and gutted you must feel.
    i cant cope with even tiny little things not going right, sounds pathetic but thats just the way i am right now. The little things i plan to do keep me going, keep me looking forward and remind me life aint hopeless yet. But when something goes wrong or something changes i really feel absolutely terrible and nothing else matters. nothing. no beautiful scenery in north wales, job, things to do, friends nothing except the pain and how to get rid of it(which often results in planning my suicide).
    so i do feel for ya as it seems meeting your friend was really important to you.

Oh and someone mentioned Asda, dont get a job in sainsburys-more shit than you need. its crap.
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    Duno if this will work, but here's an idea sprung from when you said that you can't see how life itself is worth living for.

There has got to be one place on this earth that you've been to, that makes you go Wow just at the beauty of it. You live in North Wales, lots of countryside around there, there has to be somewhere. That's what there is to live for.

When you go there, whatever the weather, the Nature of it is beautiful. Sit and watch the foxes, the voles, the squirrels, the birds as they go by. It refreshes your soul, and it is beautiful.

That is a really good suggestion. When i started feeling down earlier this year i started going to a nearby hill with a view over the whole place i lived, the view was so beautyful i was in awe. I would go their to think and always come back a little happier.

I di this tonight because i am feeling quite unhappy and had a few thingso n my mind. The view of Edinburgh and the coast of Fife from calton hill is so awesome, it might have been bloody cold but the view more than made up fo rit, i came home withsome things sorted in my head as well. So it can work
  • Options
    sounds nice richeh.
  • Options
    Jeez Louise all this for someone off the internet?! The wonders of modern technology.

Nothing is worth your life. Remember, once you're gone, you never come back (unless you believe in reincarnation, which I doubt much).

Try getting out and enjoying real life, and I mean that in the nicest way possible :)