Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Girls and bi-sexual boys?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering.

If a guy that you wre involved with told you a few months down the line that he was bisexual, would you be turned off? What would your reaction be?

Or would it just depend?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    One of my guys friends (who's fit as fuck) is bisexual. To be honest, I would be slightly put off if something did ever come of it.

I spose it's the fear of; being cheated on by, with his boyfriend when I'm his girlfriend. And (the controversial one...) the safety aspect. I guess I'd be fairly worried about his sexual past.. whether he's been having safe sex with both sexes and had been tested. I'm not saying all bi-sexual people are promiscuous, but by having sexual relationships with both sexes you'd be increasing the risks of STI's.

So, in short, lol. I'd be somewhat worried...

Ilora x
    I'd wonder a lot why he was telling it to me at that point. Then probably worry. ;)
    I think it would just turn me off.
    So bi guys are a no-no?

My theory is that if you're with somebody, then you're with somebody. I don't think being bi would necessarily make somebody any more likely to cheat than somebody who's 100% straight. I think it's more to do with having restraint and having consideration for people's feelings, rather than having more choice or whatever.

If I was engaged or married to a female, for all intents and purpouses I'd be straight because I wouldn't be going out kissing anybody else anyway, so it'd be a non-issue?

I can see how having a casual/open relationship with a bi guy could be difficult, but surely there's much more important things in a boy than who he's been with before you?

:confused:
    Er, it'd be weird. But then, everyone's got history, so it's the same. Why you asking?
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Why you asking?

I sort of think I've been a bit naive, since I've thought of myself as liking both guys and girls, I've not really had an especially serious relationship so it's not really come up.

I wouldn't ever really have a proper emotional relationship with a bloke for my own reasosn, but I am physically attracted and I've had "encounters".

It's just the issue of bringing it up when I do come to having my next relationship. I'm guessing that the right girl for me wouldn't have a problem with it (or would learn to deal with it), but then how do you bring these things up?

I'm probably over analysing as usual.
    My ex did just that, we'd been together a while, then after a night out, said he had something to tell me then told me he was Bi, I was just like "Oh okay, thanks for telling me" and carried on as normal.

I don't understand why it would bother anyone really. You know the person pretty well by then, obviously it would be a bit of a shock that you didn't know that, but you do know what kind of person they are, and whether they'd be sensible about sex etc so surely you'd have nothing to worry about.
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    It's just the issue of bringing it up when I do come to having my next relationship. I'm guessing that the right girl for me wouldn't have a problem with it (or would learn to deal with it), but then how do you bring these things up?
    Ultimately, such things should not matter. Should loyalty and fidelity not be a part of a relationship?
    I sort of think I've been a bit naive, since I've thought of myself as liking both guys and girls, I've not really had an especially serious relationship so it's not really come up.

I wouldn't ever really have a proper emotional relationship with a bloke for my own reasosn, but I am physically attracted and I've had "encounters".

Don't bring it up unless you feel you should. It's just one of those sexual history things. It depends on the person really. If she wants to know, tell her, but if she loves you I suspect she wouldn't take it any differently than you sleeping with other women, probably. It's never something we like addressing with someone we share out lives with, we'd always rather they'd just been ours.
    wouldn't bother me in the slightest.IMO if you like someone enough and they feel the same it shouldn't matter.but i can understand that it might
    Both of us never said anything about wanting/thinking about the same sex until about a year into the relationship. It hasnt changed either of us. We both love each other.
    I dont see the problem with it, but i know some girls do.
    From my p.o.v. as a gay girl I wouldn't be put off if I liked someone and I knew they were bi, but loads of my gay friends are really weird about it.

Don't know why it matters to be honest.
    Originally posted by piccolo
    From my p.o.v. as a gay girl I wouldn't be put off if I liked someone and I knew they were bi, but loads of my gay friends are really weird about it.

Don't know why it matters to be honest.
    oh dear i thought you were male for some reason :/.

sorry
    Originally posted by Tweety

sorry
    Don't worry, you're not the first! :)
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Don't worry, you're not the first! :)

Lol the custom status should have been a give away.:o
    Id be fine with it. Ive been with bisexual people and its never been an issue, and I cant see it would be in the future if I was ever on the dating scene again.
    Originally posted by Tweety

sorry

Lesbian, Male, what's the differene?!

;):p
    My theory is that if you're with somebody, then you're with somebody. I don't think being bi would necessarily make somebody any more likely to cheat than somebody who's 100% straight.

I couldn't agree more.

Personally I would like to know that the person I was seeing was bi-sexual before things got serious, but if I liked the person it wouldn't bother me. Well, I say that now... perhaps it would if it ever actually happened, I can't really say because it hasn't happened yet.

Right now though I'd be happy to receive attention from a bi-sexual gorilla. :(
    I wouldn't really mind if my guy was bi, I'd just perhaps wonder why he'd be telling me that if we had been together for a while. If I had gone into the relationship knowing it would probably not bother me.

Just wanted to clarify in case somebody understood my previous reply wrong. :)
    I don't have a problem with anyones sexuality. So no, I wouldn't have a problem going out with someone who is bi-sexual. I don't really see it as an issue, unless he believes he can go out with a fella, at the same time he's seeing me. Strangely, I've heard alot of people thinking that's what bi-sexual people do :-/
    Both me and my gf knew about each others sexuality before we got too serious...but i thinkthat if she had told me she was Bi after we'd been going out for a significant amount of time, id probably feel a bit lied to...i wouldnt have a problem with the fact she was Bi at all, just that she hadnt told me mainly.

Peace
    Re: Girls and bi-sexual boys?
    If a guy that you wre involved with told you a few months down the line that he was bisexual, would you be turned off? What would your reaction be?

Well, i would ask him if he wouldnt mind to bring another bi friend for a menage:P
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob
    d probably feel a bit lied to...i wouldnt have a problem with the fact she was Bi at all, just that she hadnt told me mainly.

Now you have me worried. Cause I haven't told my boyfriend about my sexuality/past. I mean we've only gotten together recently. You think I should tell him?!!

xXx
    Bi guys are better kissers.
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Lesbian, Male, what's the differene?!

;):p

:lol:

hahahhaha have i told you that i love you?!

bisexual men don't turn me off.. i don't really care about it if i like him, and he likes me.. and i don't see why anyone should care
    no, it wouldn't. but i have my reasons for this.
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    :lol:

hahahhaha have i told you that i love you?!

yes, but you can tell me again if you like.
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Now you have me worried. Cause I haven't told my boyfriend about my sexuality/past. I mean we've only gotten together recently. You think I should tell him?!!

xXx

Sorry...i didnt mean to worry you :( oopsy. hehe. Alls i meant was that, in my case, me and my girlfriend have been together for 9 months now.....so....finding out now would feel like it had been kept from me...see?

Its up to you if you wanna tell him....for a start do you think he'd be bothered by it? Dont make a big deal of it by any means...i mean in the end, regardless of sexuality, your with him right...?

Sorry for worrying you ....

Peace
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Bi guys are better kissers.

Are we? what makes you think that ? :confused:

Peace
    My female friend is seeing a bi-guy. They were doing performances together and like, they had a lil thing, then he went cold, then later on they were like, back on as a couple again and he confessed that he'd had a thing with one of the male cast and the reason he was cold toward her was because he was sure she'd react badly to finding out he's gay. I'd be more aware I feel, of a bi-guy of mine around both sexes and seeing as I have enough issues warding off females, I don't know how I'd manage if another bloke was making eyes and doing the come on to mine...!!

Malt mUnk xxx:D