Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dianette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
my doctor has put me on the pill dianette, to help with my acne. can anyone tell me if they have had success with this? Also, how long does it take to work? Im soo sick of my skin :(

Comments

• Options
    When I first started taking the Pill (four years ago), I was put on Dianette. Cleared my skin up within a couple of months, I think. I took it for about 9 months before I changed to another (I started getting bad headaches) and my spots came back. I thought I would have grown out of them by then, but sadly not!

If Dianette doesn't work for you, see if you can go on Cilest which is another Pill which is also good for sorting out teenage skin. I was on Dianette, then something else, and then went onto Cilest which cleared my skin up again :)

Edited to add: I didn't actually have acne - just got very spotty for one week of every month. I wanted to use the Pill as a contraceptive and my Doc suggested Dianette as I had "problem skin" too.
  • Options
    made no difference fo me.
  • Options
    I find it strange that GPs are allowing who don't have severe acne to use it, as that is what it is actually for - severe acne. It should not be used first and foremost as a contraceptive.
    You should notice that your skin becomes less greasy within a few weeks of treatment with this medicine, but it may take a few months of treatment before you see a definite improvement in your acne or excessive hair growth.
    This medicine is as effective a contraceptive as any other combined hormonal contraceptive, but it should not be used solely for this purpose.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    I didn't actually have acne - just got very spotty for one week of every month. I wanted to use the Pill as a contraceptive and my Doc suggested Dianette as I had "problem skin" too.

Same as me... Just come off Dianette as although it has cleared up the spots i did have, it didnt suit me otherwise. Had been on it 3 months... Have now been put on Cilest.