Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Success Rate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there much of a success rate in me typing letters & enclosing a CV to companies asking if they have any available suitable vacancies that I could do?

.:Crispy:.

Comments

• Options
    Well it would at least show you were enthuastic about appyling to work in certain places.
  • Options
    Re: Success Rate
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Is there much of a success rate in me typing letters & enclosing a CV to companies asking if they have any available suitable vacancies that I could do?

Well if they look for permenant employees via an agency they could end up paying anything from £1,000 to £3,000 - so if you go direct they save they money.
  • Options

its better that sitting back hoping a job will land on your lap, as shogun said it will show you are keen, agency workers get ripped off in my opinion work hard for crap pay, yep id rather go direct to the employer than give over half my earnings to the robbing agency.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Wrong forum ;)

But to answer the question ... I did something similar once and got lots of positive responses from people and 2 or 3 job offers. So there is no harm in trying to be honest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    no one goes in the right one though :(:p

I do :(

But yes, you are right. Alot of people seem to forget that other forums exist so I understand why people post about stuff like this in Anything Goes.

I was just teasing :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    So there is no harm in trying to be honest.
    people aren't honest when they apply for jobs!
  • Options
    no one goes in the right one though :(:p

Precisely you've got it in one. I'd rather post in the wrong place & get a reply instead of posting in the right place & my thread just gathering dust & not getting replied to.
  • Options
    Well get in there and answer my question :mad:

:p

I would but I don't know the answer. Never experienced one of those before. And I won't post whore and say "I don't know"

:p
  • Options
    Its always worth a try

I run a course where we teach people job search skills and one of the things we advise them to do is send letters off to companies with their CV enclosed.

One guy sent a letter off on thursday, was phoned on friday morning and asked if he could attend an interview that afternoon, went to the interview got the job and started the following monday.

We do get quite a high response rate so give it a whirl and if you don't get any response perhaps ask someone to look at your CV or the way your letter is written

Phoenix
  • Options

I tried that...didn't work apart from Burger King...but it depends which ones you write to I guess..