Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cheapish webcams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My brother bought me a webcam for christmas, but it's really bad quality so he says we should take it back. It's called the 120 Spacecam by a make called Trust (?!) and is pretty terrible to be honest!
I think he paid just over £20 for it in Curries, but then saw it was cheaper online. So I guess you get what you pay for...

Anyway, I've done a search of this forum, and it seems people are recommending the Logitech ones. I mean, I'd probably pay maybe £40 for one but no more. I doubt I'll use it that much, just for a laugh really and to keep in touch with a couple of people I met travelling.

So does anyone know of any decent ones sort of £40 or under? I know it's not gonna be super high quality, but one where you can actually see my face rather than a blurry head-shaped thing would be good...

Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    i actually bought mine in france but was one of the creative ones

Creative webcams
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    I got my webcam from argos on a 2-for-1 dealy.. cost me £25 for two and they're fab :D
    Isn't that a pair of Logitech cams? Are they the USB ones with microphones built in? My Dad has one with his new PC. Very nice - though I need to play with the settings to get rid of the green colour cast.
  • Options
    I have a Creative Labs NX Pro and the quality is very good.