Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Diabetes????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is anyone here diabetic??? Insulin dependant??? Live in england???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im not diabetic but i do live in england!
    my dad is diabetic... are you??
    yeah, since Jan 13th 1997. I just wanted to chat with young people about it and how they find it and stuff. does your dad having it effect your life much???
    it doesnt affect me that much because it isnt that bad, he only got it a few years ago, but i think the doc said its getting worse. i spose lifes too short to worry about it, not saying i dont care though!
    ive got this thing at the mo that i may b diabetic, i drink gallons and gallons, its rediculous, and i get dizzy etc. every1 is tellin me 2 go and c the doc but im so scared, i cudnt handle injections everyday etc how do u cope with it?
    I was exactly the same and please go get checked out, better safe than sorry, if it is left undetected it can kill u eventually...sorry to be blunt but it's true. The symptoms are blurred vision, dizziness, weeing alot, drinking alot, weight loss. I was the same about injections and i was just 12 years old but they can start you on these small, hand held machines that you put the needle in and u press a button and it puts the needle in and you press the plunger. Although it sounds awful and scary eventually it becomes like second nature, me doing mine now is easier to remember than brushing my teeth and it doesnt even sting when i inject. please get checked out...sometimes it is frustrating but it is something that can be worked into your life, it doesnt have to be hard or make you different and all my friends are great about it, they look out for me and know what to so in certain situations. Is there anything else you want to know coz I am here to answer any questions...
    thanx, ur so kind. im scared 2 ask ne thin incase it makes me sound like i have it.
    people have told me ive lost weight, but i dunno.
    sumtimes i pee like mad, like every 10mins, and other times its just normal, but i pee loads no matter wot.
    im not realy hungry either, all ive had 2 day is super noodles and a packet of mini cheddars. do u tend 2 eat more, or feel hungry?
    i also am thirsty, but now ive started 2 starve myself of fluid, but it realy frustrates me as i need a drink so badly.
    knowin me im prob worryin bout nothing
    This is why u should get checked out Helly. If you have lost weight, drink more than a normal person (b4 i was diognosed i would fill a basin of water and drink the lot!) and peeing as you say, every ten minutes then you should get checked. Sometimes if you drink or eat something very sweet then you feel light headed, head aches, tired. PLEASE GO TO A DOCTOR HELLY, YOU HAVE THE PRIME SYMPTOMS AND U NEED TO BE HELPED. I DONT MEAN TO SCARE U BUT IT IS IMPORTANT. Do you live in england??