Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does she like me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, you probably get lots of these but here goes.

A few weeks ago a new girl started at my job(large department store).

The first day that she was there I noticed her staring at me a fair bit.

The second day, while she was near me, she just walked over and introduced herself. Now, I thought this was strange. I'm not at all used to girls just coming up and introducing themselves and I thought it was a very bold and confident thing for her to do.

Since then we've been talking a lot and I get on really well with her.

I fancy her, I'm completly comfortable around her and the only downside is I'm 23 while she's 18. But anyway I like her.

But I can't work out if she likes me or is just a very friendly person.

She's always very pleased to see me, always has a big smile on her face when she sees me. If I'm not working the same shifts as her she always comes up and asks where I was.

Now, you could just put that down to friendliness but she's also started doing something else that has completley thrown me.

Maybe about two or three times a day, she'll come up and touch me. Pretend to punch me on the arm, poke me in the ribs etc.

So, I just can't read the situation. She leaves the job after Christmas, so if something is going to happen it'll have to be soon.

What I'm really asking is - from that very patchy description of what's happened - would you say she liked me?

Comments

• Options
    I'd say she does! I say you ask her for a pint of cider and blackcurrant and a packet of Steak McCoys! Gets me out of my knickers anytime! :thumb:
  • Options
    i think she does! from what you've said it seems to me like she's trying to flirt in a subtle way! Ask her out for a drink, for xmas say, before she leaves the job+see how she acts outside of work.
    dont lose this chance!
    SBG
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.

Ok, so I'm still confused about the whole thing but I'm thinking of asking her out. Problem is, I have no idea how.

I don't drink so I'm not going to ask her out for one. I've never asked a girl out before and have no idea what to say. Even going through it in my mind I can't even hear myself asking her out.
  • Options
    Re: Does she like me?
    Originally posted by Wat_Tambor
    the only downside is I'm 23 while she's 18. But anyway I like her.

That is not a downside, especially as its hardly a big difference.

Sounds to me like she does loke you, build up the confidence to appraoch ehr and ask her out for a drink, even though you dont drink yourself you can still have a juice or something else.

I know what it feels like. Just do it and you will fel all the better for it if it all works out
  • Options
    fancy going to the pics to see ...
  • Options
    Does she like you? Erm... yes. And I can tell you that as this relates quite nicely to my personal experience. Only one woman has ever come up and introduced herself to me, that was at college. She made clear she liked me. She placed her hands rather strategically (keeping it clean!) on her body when she said hello to me, making herself look very sexy. She was a tasty little blonde with a wicked smile and great personality. I couldn't say anything in return! However, out of what you've said, I'd like to highlight two of them:
    Maybe about two or three times a day, she'll come up and touch me. Pretend to punch me on the arm, poke me in the ribs etc.
    Good sign! The woman I mentioned above used to do this all the time, also used any excuse she could to slap my bum. She so wants you!
    I fancy her, I'm completly comfortable around her and the only downside is I'm 23 while she's 18. But anyway I like her.
    That's a downside? How? Go for it. You won't regret this.
  • Options
    I blew it.

Everytime I went to ask her, I bottled it.
    Either that, or there was always someone around.

I never even got the chance to say goodbye to her. She just kind of left.:(

I won't have another chance now. I could try and get her phone number either from someone at work, or the phone book. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I blew it.

Everytime I went to ask her, I bottled it.
    Either that, or there was always someone around.

I never even got the chance to say goodbye to her. She just kind of left.:(

I won't have another chance now. I could try and get her phone number either from someone at work, or the phone book. Any suggestions?

Is there any chance of just seeing her around now shes left? If not and you really like her i'd suggest doing what you can to contact her and find out once and for all if she likes you or not.

Sometimes you goota chase after something you want until you have your final answer.

Hmm, yeah thats probably useless information
  • Options
    You're not going to get her if you chicken out every time. I know it's hard but really, just come out with it. Ask her for her number and tell her you'd like to go for a drink or something some time. You'll never know if you don't try.
  • Options
    If she's into you she might just come back and visit you on your lunch break or something?
  • Options
    I leave the job in two weeks.

Unless a miracle happens and she comes in on monday, I won't see her again.
  • Options
    I leave the job in two weeks.

Unless a miracle happens and she comes in on monday, I won't see her again.

pray she comes in then. Alternatively can you really not do anything else to contact her ?

Dont give up so easily ;)
  • Options
    Only by phone. But most of her friends left the same day as her, so the only other option is the phone book. She likes in a small town near me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Gets me out of my knickers anytime! :thumb:

:eek:
  • Options
    Ok, so her friend is still there. I thought she'd left but I saw her at the beginning of the week.

Do you think I should ask her for this girls phone number? I don't know if she'd have it or not.

Or do you think I should just let this go?

Bear in mind that I haven't said a word to this girl so me going up and asking for her friends phone number would be completly out of the blue.
  • Options
    Personally I'd say go for it! If your already kicking yourself over the last missed opportunity I guess the best answer is not to miss this one as well. ;)

In any case I'm sure the girl in question will be quite flattered that you asked her out.

Oh yeah and there's nothing that will eat away at you more than a missed opportunity and a "what if.....?". I know because I have been there too many times. So...

*NUDGE*
    *NUDGE*

;)
  • Options
    Just do it!!

You might never get the oppurtunity again and who knows, she might feel the same.
  • Options
    Ask, ask or you'll regret it FOREVER
  • Options
    I'm probably boring people by now with my complete ineptness when it comes to asking girls out but anyway, I managed to pluck up the courage to ask her friend for her phone number.

And.......

she didn't have it.

I should have asked her friend if this girl liked/would have gone out with me but I didn't and today was her last day.

So, my last option is the phone book. I've said it before but this girl lives in a very small town. So should I just go through the phone book for people with her name and ring them up until I get her?

And this is really for the women of the board - how would you feel about that? If some guy just rang your house number one day?

If it was me, and a girl phoned up, I'd be delighted. But would you like it? Would it freak you out?
  • Options
    It'd be flattering to be honest, if you'd put that much effort in. It's not cool if she's already told you to piss off, but she clearly hasn't, so take the chance
  • Options
    A girl did that to me once, though it was a little more concerning when she said "I knew you had a criminal record so I just asked my daddy to look it up for me".

I dont know whether he did or not though.
  • Options
    i think i would be flattered by it whether i liked him back or not. Its always nice when somebody makes an effort for you!

Just do it theres nothing to lose and the longer you leave it the more wierd it will seem that your contacting her
  • Options
    Just go for it, aint got anything to lose have you.

I find it interesting that some of you girls are saying you'd find it flattering, when i've told a girl i like her it hasnt exactly ever gone to plan, ie shes not found it flattering.. Probs just me then lol
  • Options
    The effort is flattering richeh...
  • Options
    I'd be a bit freaked out to be honest.
  • Options
    mmm....decisions decisions.:confused:
  • Options
    mmm....decisions decisions.:confused:

just do it. DO IT! if you dont you will be kicking yourself, because you will never know whether you could of found her and lived happily ever after.

Have you thought about asking the people you work for. Surely they will have her contact details somewhere.
  • Options
    Dont live to regret. Do it and live to look back and think " at least i tried" no what if's
  • Options
    Yes, I though about that. But I ruled it out pretty quick. There's no chance they'd give it out.

I've also checked yahoo and msn messenger on the off-chance that she might be on that.
  • Options
    imo your drawing this out and making it a much bigger deal than it is. Yes it may be scary to do it but you know your options and what you have to do. you have to find her number and phone her. So just do it and put yourself out of the misery so you can get on with your life and hopefully see her again!