Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heroin raids

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
From the BBC website.

Police chief hails drugs swoop

Thirty suspected heroin dealers have been arrested
Central Scotland Police have conducted what their chief constable has described as the force's most successful drugs operation.
Andrew Cameron said 30 suspected heroin dealers have been arrested over the past four days.

He said the arrests would disrupt heroin supplies and the operation demonstrated the force's commitment to hitting drug gangs.

Those arrested are suspected of supplying 2,000 heroin users.

Police raided houses in Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannan.

Mr Cameron said the operation's success would practically eliminate the supply of heroin in the central belt during the holiday period.

Drug workers are urging heroin users to use this time to get help to stop taking the drug.

However, they also warn users that they should beware of overdosing if they have not used drugs for a while and then get a supply elsewhere.

So the supply network gets disrupted for a couple of weeks before new dealers get established. Wow :rolleyes: .

Comments

• Options
    Re: Heroin raids
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    From the BBC website.

Police chief hails drugs swoop

Thirty suspected heroin dealers have been arrested
    Central Scotland Police have conducted what their chief constable has described as the force's most successful drugs operation.
    Andrew Cameron said 30 suspected heroin dealers have been arrested over the past four days.

He said the arrests would disrupt heroin supplies and the operation demonstrated the force's commitment to hitting drug gangs.

Those arrested are suspected of supplying 2,000 heroin users.

Police raided houses in Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannan.

Mr Cameron said the operation's success would practically eliminate the supply of heroin in the central belt during the holiday period.

Drug workers are urging heroin users to use this time to get help to stop taking the drug.

However, they also warn users that they should beware of overdosing if they have not used drugs for a while and then get a supply elsewhere.

So the supply network gets disrupted for a couple of weeks before new dealers get established. Wow :rolleyes: .
    they never fucking learn do they!
    it will effect the supply chain for 48hrs maybe ...meaning you have a lot of desperate junkies running around town.
    i've been listening to idiotic statements like this for over thirty years.
    it has cost time and money and will have achieved fuck all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    But even if little is done to turn the tide of drugs, it does at least have a marked effect in detering people from getting involved in big drug rings such as those behind the scenes of the heroin trade.
    As you say, new gangs will spring up in the same area, but this crackdown will hopefully warn off 3 gangs in the same area - This may also reduce inter-gang "war" thus further reducing crime.
    well it has never had that effect yet in forty years of the war on drugs ...never!
    when i was dealing in my mispent youth ...very large ammounts ...i was part of a similar operation.
    there were over 50 of us rounded up in early morning raids across the north west ...i think the police actualy got about a pound of hash and a few wraps of powder ...from over fifty dealers.
    within hours it was business as usual ...so what was the fucking point?
    last year englands biggest ever cocaine siezure happened ...three years work from hundreds of people around the earth ...all over the papers ...big celebrations in london for all concerned ...
    they put out a statement saying one of the biggest cocain operations in the world had been smashed and the streets of england would see a huge drop in the supply of cocain and a massive price increase ...what actualy happened?
    what happened was within 24 hrs the price of coke went down and the streets were flooded with the stuff ...in defiance!

have these jockpolice said how much stuff they siezed? i doubt it cos i'm pretty certain it will be very miniscule.
    it's a waste of time and taxpayers m oney to carry on with this fucking bullshit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    But even if little is done to turn the tide of drugs, it does at least have a marked effect in detering people from getting involved in big drug rings such as those behind the scenes of the heroin trade.
    As you say, new gangs will spring up in the same area, but this crackdown will hopefully warn off 3 gangs in the same area - This may also reduce inter-gang "war" thus further reducing crime.

But the people getting raided were the low end of the supply chain. The people who supply them will just find new people to deal for them, there will be plenty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well it has never had that effect yet in forty years of the war on drugs ...never!
    when i was dealing in my mispent youth ...very large ammounts ...i was part of a similar operation.
    there were over 50 of us rounded up in early morning raids across the north west ...i think the police actualy got about a pound of hash and a few wraps of powder ...from over fifty dealers.
    within hours it was business as usual ...so what was the fucking point?
    last year englands biggest ever cocaine siezure happened ...three years work from hundreds of people around the earth ...all over the papers ...big celebrations in london for all concerned ...
    they put out a statement saying one of the biggest cocain operations in the world had been smashed and the streets of england would see a huge drop in the supply of cocain and a massive price increase ...what actualy happened?
    what happened was within 24 hrs the price of coke went down and the streets were flooded with the stuff ...in defiance!

have these jockpolice said how much stuff they siezed? i doubt it cos i'm pretty certain it will be very miniscule.
    it's a waste of time and taxpayers m oney to carry on with this fucking bullshit.

I don't think they've said how much smack they found.

I expect Stirling & Falkirk chemists to have a busy day or two handing out methadone.
  • Options
    I don't think they've said how much smack they found.

I expect Stirling & Falkirk chemists to have a busy day or two handing out methadone.
    doesn't make any sense at all does it. none whatsoever!
    the ammount ...it will be a few quids worth ...less than a thousand quid i'd bet ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    So how would they prevent the nation plunging into the murkey depths? I can't ever see them just giving up...
    They probably need to weed out all the bent coppers from the force first, I'm sure there must be a few?
    Hell, it's not my problem...
    when it was perfectly legal the nation ruled the world!
    legalise and contol ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    doesn't make any sense at all does it. none whatsoever!
    the ammount ...it will be a few quids worth ...less than a thousand quid i'd bet ...

The police must surely know it's ineffectual.
  • Options
    junkie dealers are relatively easy targets and give good news headlines for the ignorant masses.
  • Options
    the daily mail brigade :no:
  • Options
    the daily mail brigade :no:
    and like you said ...they will be dishing out methadone like theres no tommorow!
    meth is far more addictive than heroin believe me.
    why not just get real and prescribe the bloody smack?
    or ...lets repeat the last forty years for the next forty years ...meaning doing fuck all except locking people up ...washing our hands of the situation ...
    prison usualy does far more harm to families and communities than the drug.
    it used to be legal ...the only sensible way forwatrd is to go back ...
  • Options
    Big fuck, a few people were caught, there are loads more out there who aren't caught, the supply may be down for a while but it'll probably be business as usual soon enough.

Whereever there is a demand there will be someone there to supply that demand.
  • Options
    There is really more illicit heroin around than the market can sustain at the moment, thats why a lot of it is staying in the producing countries, something that did used to happen, but not on the scale being seen today.

This will make very little difference, but having said that do you then just not care at all and let it go on regardless?

And dont just say 'well we can fully legalise' because A) we cant legally do that and B) thats a crazy idea anyway.

As for the prescribing of diamorphine, its a tough one really, many users in the UK smoke the drug, something you cant really do with white heroin. Diamorphone cigerettes have been developed but their arrival on the market has been delayed due to concerns over the health implications.

Most importantly methadone is seen as a good alternative because of its oral dose and its long activity. Thus making the user more able to function normally.
  • Options
    You want to know pointless, crop spraying in Colombia was at an all time high this year.

"The anti-narcotics police, financed by the US, sprayed more than 130,000 hectares of both coca and poppy, the raw material for cocaine and heroin."

"But Colombian drugs appear cheaper than ever in the US and Europe, suggesting that supply has not been hit.

The US authorities say this is due to drug stockpiles that the traffickers have been gradually selling off."

Yes, stockpiles, because they have a years supply just sitting about?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4122519.stm
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

This will make very little difference, but having said that do you then just not care at all and let it go on regardless?

very little?
    it will make none at all! so we just keep arresting random people ...bit like an unlucky dip or a lottery ...why?
    it's not justice. it's not achieving anything at all.
    it may well break a few families up.
    it may well cause some violence.
    it may well cause some illness.
    but ...it will do nothing whatsoever to protect people from crime/drugs.
    it will squeeze a few more people into our overcrowded jails, or more correctly ...wharehouses of human misery.
    some of them will then come out to find themselves homeless and peniless.
    for some the strain will have been to much for the wife and kids and they will have left ...another broken family ...another pile of despair.
    lets heap pain upon pain ...misery upon misery ...problem upon problem.
    when england heaped it's opium chemical warfare upon the chinese people in the 19th century causing massive addictions problems...how did the chinese finaly ...after years of problems ...sort the problem out?
    they legalised opium dens.
    over the years these places were associated with crime degradation prostitution danger and misery ...a life for loosers.
    same thing happening in the dam ...shooting galleries ...most heroin users there are now 40 yr old and upwards ...meaning the young have been spared.
    all this fucking pussy footing about is wasting lives.
  • Options
    Yes, but under the current law and situation we can not just ignore dealers altogether.

And personally I'm not sure we should ever stop persuing illicit dealers of cocaine and heroin. (diamorphine should be a medical issue)

I can see your point Rolly, but what ideas are you actually suggesting, that all the drugs squads just pack up and go home, do you really think that would make things better?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I can see your point Rolly, but what ideas are you actually suggesting, that all the drugs squads just pack up and go home, do you really think that would make things better?
    yes.
    it should not be a crime. by making a medical/health problem into a crime you are creating more crime corruption and misery.
    it's a problem that has never and will never go away.
    it should be treated as a commercial activity and a health issue.
    the glamour and attraction will fade rapidly just like it did in china.
    the size of the problem will then diminish.
  • Options
    it's time to stop pissing about and start saving some lives ...emptying our prisons.
    it's time to stop the bullshit machine that says the world will go to hell if they take all the illicit drugs out of the hands of criminals.
    it's time to tear up UN agreements and move on.
  • Options
    in todays observer ...1500 cops with guns helicopters etc ...big raids in italy to try and stop the gang warfare that has broken out regarding the dtug trade which is estimated to be worth 11 billion quid a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    of course people are going to kill other people to control such a lucrative trade.
    it's fucking madness.
  • Options
    they do.
    thats why more and more chief constables are pushing the government for legalisation.
    it is a waste of police time and taxpayers money and the law is causing more problems than the drug.
    thats from the chief constables association.
  • Options
    Fuck, if heroin wasn't so expensive I'd be rolling in it.

Does anyone else believe that opiates are about as dangerous as a nice dose of cannibus?

The only reason I think that is because on either of them I don't feel like driving or getting in a fight much at all.

Now the abuse of opiates is another thing altogether, so don't get me wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    Fuck, if heroin wasn't so expensive I'd be rolling in it.

Does anyone else believe that opiates are about as dangerous as a nice dose of cannibus?

The only reason I think that is because on either of them I don't feel like driving or getting in a fight much at all.

Now the abuse of opiates is another thing altogether, so don't get me wrong.
    your on dodgy ground comparing cannabis with opiates mate!
    opiates are highly addictive and get the dose wrong and your brown bread ...how does that compare with cannabis?
  • Options
    I meant the psychiatric effects of both drugs. I find them both very numbing. So to say I don't feel as if I need to do anything that will perhaps endanger anyone else's life (like drunk driving, supreme ego boosts off of coke).

I find that both cannibus and opiates deliver a very peaceful mindset. No aggresive intentions are likely to come about when under the influence of these substances.
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    I meant the psychiatric effects of both drugs. I find them both very numbing. So to say I don't feel as if I need to do anything that will perhaps endanger anyone else's life (like drunk driving, supreme ego boosts off of coke).

I find that both cannibus and opiates deliver a very peaceful mindset. No aggresive intentions are likely to come about when under the influence of these substances.
    ahhh ...i see.
  • Options
    In terms of physical harm pure diamorphine is probably les harmful than smoking cannabis, but thats really a stupid comparison because it never works like that, unless a doctor gives you a hospital dose.

Heroin is a lot more dangerous than cannabis because the dosage curve is much steeper and the LD50 is lower.