Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Merry Christmas from HSBC

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Your card has been retained...

Please contact card issuer.

Reason, my mum moved house last year, so I whilst at uni in Manchester, i filled out a form giving my new address for my statements to be delivered to etc. Job done i thought, all my statements are now delivered to my mums new address plus any other gumph HSBC care to send me.

Not so, today i found out they still had my old address on file and had been sending god knows what there. Finally after a few returns to sender, HSBC in there wisdom froze my account (and swallowed my card) dispite the fact my fucking statements are posted to my new address and have been for over a year!

Fucking dozy twats.

I have a account with Barcleys as well, no problems there. Touch wood.

Rant over.

Comments

• Options
    Get a Lloyds Tsb account omg ;(
  • Options
    Barclay's retained my card a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to you too HSBC, you money-grabbing bastards.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    One thing for it, ring them and shout abuse.
  • Options
    Re: Merry Christmas from HSBC
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    I have a account with Barcleys as well, no problems there. Touch wood.

It's only a matter of time. Barclays are probably the worst bank i've ever known for shit customer service.

yorkshire bank probably a close second.

HSBC probably third.

At the moment i'm with Cahoot and Lloyds TSB, and so far they've both been really good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    One thing for it, ring them and shout abuse.

no, because you'll speak to some poor bastard who had nothing at all to do with retaining the card, and spends all day every day sorting out other people's mistakes.

if you want call centre staff to help you out, my advice is the polite but firm approach. i guarantee you more will get done, at a faster speed than if you shout. if people shouted at me, i would purposely put them to the bottom of my to-do pile.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    and banks are always making money - tis what they do
    Doesn't stop them from being money-grabbing bastards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    no, because you'll speak to some poor bastard who had nothing at all to do with retaining the card, and spends all day every day sorting out other people's mistakes.
    That assumes you actually get through to a person in the first place. Usually when I call the bank, all I get is the voice of a robot.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    If people shouted at me, i would purposely put them to the bottom of my to-do pile.

I do! ;)
  • Options
    Its obviously some twat not doing his or her job properly. This twat will most likely works for all major high street bank :lol:
  • Options
    Well, I'm loving my First Direct free £500 over draft account. :thumb:
  • Options
    i got a new card recently ...one of them pin thingys ...so trashed and binned my old one.
    went to the supermarket ...got a shit load of shopping ...'do you know your pin sir'? of course ...my friggin card was rejected!!!!!!!!!!
    next morning ...before i'd even had time to complain a new one arrived ...and it works ...
  • Options
    well hsbc card machine in durham tells you to press cancel [red] button to get your casrd back, when its actually the 'clear' [yellow] button

sorta entices people to go through with a withdrawl after all