Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Carol Singers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't believe it .. two blonde chicks just rang our doorbell and started singing xmas carols, my folks were laughing to see them on the front doorstep singing away and gave them some money .. glad I didn't answer the door!!

I remember a few years ago this guy was sending his really cute lookign kids into a pub dressed up and people were giving the kids money .. that was kinda sad seeing a father using his kids like that :(

Comments

• Options
    Why what would you have done?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Why what would you have done?

I dunno, you expect kids and stuff to go knocking on your door on Halloween and so are prepared, I wasn't prepared to to find two girls on my doorstep singing away.

I reckon they'll be raking in the cash tonight!! Tey should easily be able to clear £100 from our street alone if everyone that's home gives them £1
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Were they hotties?
  • Options
    Some came round here last night. £100 for two hours walking around singing is easy money.
  • Options
    Thankfully, we never have to worry about carol singers where I live.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Were they hotties?

I only saw them from the top window but they looked pretty attractive
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I only saw them from the top window but they looked pretty attractive

Should have given them a "special tip".
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    How old were they? Here it's normal for people aged about 7 to 12 to do that.
    Though they rarely come to my building, the entrance can easily be missed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    How old were they? Here it's normal for people aged about 7 to 12 to do that.
    Though they rarely come to my building, the entrance can easily be missed.

Dunno ...16 to 18 perhaps
  • Options
    I would have kept shouting encore till they got sore throats and went home. That or stuck loud music on :D
  • Options
    Isn't carol singing practically the same as trick or treating (i.e. begging?)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzo
    Isn't carol singing practically the same as trick or treating (i.e. begging?)

I think Trick or Treat is more for innocent kids who have their parents go with them and dressing up in costumes is part of the fun .. think this is more in your face money making out of christmas!
  • Options
    Yeah, there's carol singing and there's carol singing.

When it's done properly it's good, the kids love it and I'm happy to part with a small amount of cash. It's traditional anyway, I mean, we should be thankful - that's what passed for entertainment in Victorian times!

When it's two miserable looking tone deaf teenaged boys who stand there and tunelessly drone out, "We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year," then stick their hand out then I object.