Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Person of the Year - YOURS!

BBC News Story > Person Of The Year (Time)

Time Magazine has recently announced it's person of the year is President Bush. But everyone on these boards seems to disagree. I know that I do. So, who would be your choice?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Answer your own question. While you do that. I'll think about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Answer your own question. While you do that. I'll think about it.
    I'm thinking about it as well. While I'm ready to say it isn't George Bush, I still aren't sure who I would choose... I would suggest some of the people over in Iraq trying to sort out the mess that Bush & Blair have made, but that's not one person... hmm...
  • Options
    Couldn't think of anyone, and then you mentioned people helping others in Iraq.

So I'll say Margaret Hassan. RIP.
  • Options
    My girlfriend.
  • Options
    Mine would be:

Dick Cheney ;)
  • Options
    Are you going to explain why?
  • Options
    From the world of the celeb, I'd agree with Margaret Hassan.

Cunt of the year is that cunt who parked himself on that level crossing. I hope Satan has cut that cunt a new cunt.
  • Options
    hopefully on his new chin

my times person of the year would have to be.......................................martin sheen, cause he's just well cool
  • Options
    John Kerry.
    & special credit to John Edwards & Bruce Springsteen.

Kerry/Edwards offered America a better alternative, they gave Americans a real choice between the moderate, tolerant and sane policies of the Democrats or the extreme Christian fundamentalist intolerant sleaze of Bush and his cronies…Sadly they chose the latter, hopefully in 2008 common sense will prevail. Credit to Kerry/Edwards, they worked hard and ran a good campaign. Oh and Springsteen, one of my favourite musicians. Superb lyricist and just amazing live. And credit to him for staying true to his principles despite taking a lot of criticism by campaigning for Kerry.
  • Options
    I won't name her because that would be unprofessional, but my person of the year is a nurse who cares for 300 people on her own in an underfunded service.
  • Options
    i liked kerry, thing is while he appears to be a comeback kid in the form that he has not shyed from the limelight and still works proudly and loudly in congress, i dont see him taking another shot at the presidency, depending on who the republicans choose

its going to be complete open day, i am personally thinking hiliary clinton could smash the vbote and grab it if well done, but look at kerry, he came from nowhere, while he was big in terms of his credibility in congress, the country en masse sisnt know who he was until he came out of nowhere

this reminds me of the west wing, where jed bartlet the president is found from nowhere and suddenly becomes the front runner, and wins, are we going to have hiliary, or is she going to sit back and see what comes through the pipeline, watch the democrats and republicans struggle it out in each of their own primaries? or just come out announcing her run for presidency a year after the midterm elections in november 2006, mark my words im gonna make a note of this, monday the 5th of november 2007 i think hiliary clinton will file for candidacy in the new hampshire primary

if im right can i win something
  • Options
    Domestically, a tie between George Galloway and Fmr Ambassador Craig Murray. Internationally I salute Bin Laden (dead or alive) who continues to inspire the only serious opposition to the forces of corporate and cultural hegemony.
  • Options
    So you praise a Stalinist anti-abortionist and an Islamiscist terrorist? You're more fucked up than I thought. :eek:
  • Options
    my grandad. he spend over 50 years of his life helping people with the SVP, and having every birthday and christmas present in money, so he could give it to charity. and he did it without ever expecting attention or thanks. i only found out the extent of the good work he did at his funeral.

he might not have changed the world, but he certainly helped change the lives of quite a few people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my grandad. he spend over 50 years of his life helping people with the SVP, and having every birthday and christmas present in money, so he could give it to charity. and he did it without ever expecting attention or thanks. i only found out the extent of the good work he did at his funeral.
    More personal choices like this are fine. An unsung hero, perhaps, is the phrase?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    ...still works proudly and loudly in congress...

Sarcasm, right?

Senator most absent from duties over the past decade?

John Fakir Kerry.

Treason the "ethic" you aspire to? Selling out "your own" for political/monetary gain? Consorting with the enemy, aiding and abetting that enemy, during time of war?

I will take the issue of your hero under advisement as demonstrative of your own character, or lack thereof...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I won't name her because that would be unprofessional, but my person of the year is a nurse who cares for 300 people on her own in an underfunded service.

Now THAT is a choice I can respect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    ...blah blah blah...
    Oh, not you again...
  • Options
    Originally posted by nckdn
    ... Internationally I salute Bin Laden (dead or alive) who continues to inspire the only serious opposition to the forces of corporate and cultural hegemony.

Why do you not come on over to New York, and proudly parade around Ground Zero in a sandwich board proclaiming the same? I am certain that you might find a few who would be most joyful to "open a dialog" with you...
  • Options
    ... more of the usual crap... blah blah blah...
    Go away. Please.
  • Options
    Why do you not come on over to New York, and proudly parade around Ground Zero in a sandwich board proclaiming the same? I am certain that you might find a few who would be most joyful to "open a dialog" with you...

Nice beard by the way.
  • Options
    my girlfriend, as over the last five or so years ive had to rely on her for most of the time, so if i could award anyone mine would be michelle, she's great!!!;)
  • Options
    Mine has got to be my Mam. For the last year she has looked after my Dad who had a serious operation last year. There whole lives have changed this year, being unable to do many things that we all take for granted.
    To suddenly overnight become a carer does put a lot of pressure on a person especially when they are pensioners. This year has been quite difficult for us all but obviously moreso my Mam.

She isnt in good health herself and the last week I suppose we have all been to hell and back, but today we will find out what is wrong wih her and even though she is ill she NEVER moans or complains, she does what she has to do even though we know she is very frightened of what the future holds.

so yeah, my Mam.
  • Options

I'm open to evidence that Bin Laden had something to do with that, you're not open to evidence that he didn't, so.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Go away. Please.

Shut up.

You are the greatest nuisance to have entered these boards. Yes, even moreso than hellfire and theshyboyinthecorner.
  • Options
    phil jayhan at letsroll911.org for investing so much time and money putting the truth movement into the public domain and easily accessible (check the site out if you can)

nelson mandela for continually publicising aids, promoting knowledge and putting pressure on pharmaceutical firms to produce cheaper medication (although my views on this are contrasting, somewhat ironically)

kanye west for speaking the truth in hip hop, and offering a far better role model to young generation than in the past